EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: software list system paths dialog in Scanner only shows 1 directory  (Read 3861 times)

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 76.0.3809.132 Chrome 76.0.3809.132
    • View Profile

Hi, I'm setting up software lists. I have 514 directories under "roms" folder, one per system. In the Scanner window, I used "auto-assign" hoping clrmame would recongnize all my 500+ folders, but no... too bad... I hope this will be fixed someday soon.
Anyway, I went manually to add the first one, but the dialog box only shows 1 folder, ignoring the other 500+ plus.
Attached an image.
Can you please let me know what's wrong? Am I doing something wrong?
I did expect the auto-assign function would recognize all folder automagically. Too bad it didn't.
Thanks a lot,
« Last Edit: 11 September 2019, 19:25 by llagos »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 77.0.3865.75 Chrome 77.0.3865.75
    • View Profile

The auto detection works by looking in all active rompaths for known sets, counting the sets and matching the best fitting software list for it.
If there are no correctly named sets in such folders (or you use a wrong storing method), they will be all assigned to the first active rompath. So check the files in the folders and check if the roms and software lists are enabled (checkbox in front).

Generally you shouldn't use the all-in-one profile method for such a huge collection. Better setup one profile per software list and scan them seperately. This can all be setup by using the batcher (select multiple profiles in the profiler and hit load) rather quickly and takes way less resource and you won't run into configuration hell.

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Thanks Roman,
I think it failed because the "rompath". When I finished adding all 500+ dirs under Scanner, and hit "new scan" I got a dialog saying "do you want to add rompaths..." I thought adding the parent folder "roms" would be enough.... So I guess I had no idea I had to add more rompaths :(
About batcher, not sure I got that right. You mention "select multiple profiles"... so I would need to create 500+ profiles, one per system, by hand previously?
Again, thanks a bunch,
« Last Edit: 14 September 2019, 03:02 by llagos »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Profiler, well, instead of adding 500 profiles or paths manually, you could have dropped all the software lists dats into the profiler, select all, and hit load....then cmpro would have created all profiles for you (incl. rompaths etc...) ;-)

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Thanks Roman... I'm using mameui64, and it seems it doesn't have all dat files... maybe in the normal mame...
Anyway, I'd like to ask you something if possible... I've checked the log of the rebuilder, when there is a match:

Something like this:

D:\tmp\MAME\andrindyj.zip\dsp1.bin
  [EXISTS: hanguk\dsp1.bin]
  [EXISTS: lockon\dsp1a.u2]
  -> suzuka8j.zip\dsp1a.u3
  [EXISTS: sns_dsp1leg_hi\dsp1.bin]
  -> supf1cg.zip\dsp1.bin
  [EXISTS: basload2\dsp1.bin]
  -> pfest94.zip\dsp1.bin
  -> smkartup.zip\dsp1.u4
  -> smkartu.zip\dsp1.u3

The "->" means that the rom was identified and used/added to an existing rom... problem is, since I'm using sw lists, I don't know which system was updated... Could You please add an option in the Advanced Settings of the Rebuilder to add the complete rom path in the log? This way I could identify which system it was.

Thanks a bunch once more :)

Regards,
« Last Edit: 14 September 2019, 19:57 by llagos »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

MAME32 should have the same software lists dats in the hash folder as MAME.
Regarding your request, yeah I can think about a way to add the softwarelist/bios information to the rebuilderlog....full pathname could be pretty long
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.

anything
anything