EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cmpro rebuilder always creates 2 files, same input files, over and over again  (Read 2788 times)

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 76.0.3809.132 Chrome 76.0.3809.132
    • View Profile

Hi,
cmpro 4.035, I've got a few new files... I got into Rebuilder, and it says "Created files: 2".
I run Rebuilder again... and again says "Created Files: 2"...
and I run Rebuilder yet again... and again it says "Created Files: 2"...

Strange.. I enable and check log file, looking for the "->" string, which is the one I understand indicates that Rebuilder created a file, and I see those 2 files, all the time:

D:\tmp\e74-05++.ic15
  -> pwrshovl.zip\e74-05++.ic15
  [EXISTS: pwrshovl\e74-05++.ic15]

D:\tmp\e74-07.ic6
  -> pwrshovl.zip\e74-07.ic6
  [EXISTS: pwrshovla\e74-07.ic6]
  [EXISTS: pwrshovla\e74-07.ic6]
  [EXISTS: pwrshovl\e74-08.ic8]

and yes, the .ic6 files appears duplicated (EXISTS line is repeated).

So, is there anything wrong with my files? or cmpro?

I expected it would create the files, once, and if I run Rebuilder again, it will say "zero files created"...

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 77.0.3865.75 Chrome 77.0.3865.75
    • View Profile

Of course you're right...the rebuilder creates files only once and in the destination folder/archive it should only appear once.
Now the question is, you're only complaining about the log entry and the stats? That can be related to parent/clone relationships where identical files are counted individually. However, it would be interesting to take a another look at....so....can you provide me the used dat, the files (source/destination) and maybe the used profle (cmpro's settings folder) so I can use your settings....

Update: I guess the double entries in the log are normal for full merge mode. If a rom which belongs to a clone and to the parent (in a split-merged set it would only belong to the parent then), it is rebuilt only once (when it does not exist) but the log lists it twice (or more depending on the number of used clone matches) since there are more matches against the database....it uses the parent set name there...which may lead to a bit confusion/double entries.
Maybe I change this.

Anyway, a second rebuilder run with the same data should NOT show a number in created files...all should be skipped then. Maybe you should give the nightly build a try.

« Last Edit: 17 September 2019, 18:05 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 20 queries.