EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omg. look what i confusion i have made on my roms collection. Help :)  (Read 3082 times)

DjDiabolik

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 114.0 Firefox 114.0
    • View Profile

I remember i have already spoken here about a similar issue about one half years ago...... recently i have update my mame to 0.256 and made a "scanner" whit clrmamepro and look at right now the result:

or miniature here:

I have, from clrmamepro also created this paste info here:
https://pastebin.com/VFzyVwf1

All this sets listed here in some of case required his specific CHD file. Problably all of them it's part of "NOT WORKING" games or in some cases it's unwanted games or partial files.
It's exist one ways to remove/move this incomplete sets from my HDD ?

The possibly strange thigs:
After a full scanner complete i have tryed to use the "Move" feature from "scan result" windows. All zip it's been moved to a external 'Roms" folder but on next scan i do clrmamepro recreate all this partial zip and all sets reappears on the list from beginning :)

I also think the question is different than the old thread or not ?

*EDIT*
Oh.. very interesting:
to temporarily hide all this need CHD sets:
- Do a full scan whit CHD option enabled.
- After the scan it's complete i just found out that by turning on/off the CHD in 'You want to scan' the scan result it's be change on the fly and it's not need a new scan. Interesting feature.

*EDIT 2*
Also again... after this upper disclouse (lol):
You can help me better to explain this situation:
https://pastebin.com/1NUvYMXL
If i put this files on 'Roms' folder.... it's be removed by scanner..... because ?
« Last Edit: 05 July 2023, 10:24 by DjDiabolik »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 114.0.0.0 Chrome 114.0.0.0
    • View Profile

If you remove incomplete sets and run another scan and you got "fix missing" enabled, it's pretty likely that the messages reappear, simply because it found one of the missing entries in a different set.
If you want to ignore some sets due whatever reason, you can either modify the datfile or go to set information and enable just the ones you're interested in

Yes, if you toggle the checkboxes after a scan, the results tree is updated.

"If i put this files on 'Roms' folder.... it's be removed by scanner..... because ?"  ???? which files? if you have valid chds on a rompath root, they can get moved to their correct subfolder. If you're talking about other files, they are unneeded and get removed (-> backup folder).

DjDiabolik

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

If you remove incomplete sets and run another scan and you got "fix missing" enabled, it's pretty likely that the messages reappear, simply because it found one of the missing entries in a different set.
If you want to ignore some sets due whatever reason, you can either modify the datfile or go to set information and enable just the ones you're interested in

Yes, if you toggle the checkboxes after a scan, the results tree is updated.

"If i put this files on 'Roms' folder.... it's be removed by scanner..... because ?"  ???? which files? if you have valid chds on a rompath root, they can get moved to their correct subfolder. If you're talking about other files, they are unneeded and get removed (-> backup folder).
mmmmmm... ok.
Now i understand the CHD story and how it's approx works. Lol..... at right now look an example.
This a my FULL scanner result:

Or you can found all result here:
https://pastebin.com/FqLx3iA7

From this result....... if i disable the 'CHD' check on 'You want to scan' all games disappears correctly.

Apparently here it's correct ways....... now i have a different issue/trouble when i do a 'Avail. Sets' scan.
I have obtain this:

Or paste result here:
https://pastebin.com/emNDyrUg

Look an example...... the first sets need called "ddr3ma".
The second question it's:
If i copy ddr3ma.zip of my 'Roms' folder the scanner ask me to rename and after that it's delete the same files. I become in a infinite loop.
I have the correct files..... i copy it on "Roms" folder but clrmamepro delete it..... how it's possible ?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

It's not really recommended to disable sets in set information. You have to understand what that means if you do so.
There are options for example which mark unselected sets as unneeded (Scanner-> Advanced). Other problematic cases are if you e.g. enable clones while disabling parents and so on. Disabling sets is nothing you usually need to do.

So....Problem 1: You have incomplete sets due to missing chds. Well....either you're the "gonna get them all" guy, then find them and add them. Or you're the "I don't want them" guy, then either don't scan for chds or disable the set (and its parent/all its clones) or find/edit a datfile which suits your needs better.

Problem 2: ddr3ma ...well...can't really tell you since I can't see if it's enabled or not. If cmpro wants to rename it, then it has a good reason for it. If it's disabled then surely ddr3ma is not known and then it tries to find a set which matches best for the data inside the zip.

So...keep all sets enabled and decide yourself "I need the chds" or "I don't need the chds". You can - as you already found out -  temporarily close your eyes on the chd errors by toggling the checkbox.

DjDiabolik

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

It's not really recommended to disable sets in set information. You have to understand what that means if you do so.
There are options for example which mark unselected sets as unneeded (Scanner-> Advanced). Other problematic cases are if you e.g. enable clones while disabling parents and so on. Disabling sets is nothing you usually need to do.

So....Problem 1: You have incomplete sets due to missing chds. Well....either you're the "gonna get them all" guy, then find them and add them. Or you're the "I don't want them" guy, then either don't scan for chds or disable the set (and its parent/all its clones) or find/edit a datfile which suits your needs better.

Problem 2: ddr3ma ...well...can't really tell you since I can't see if it's enabled or not. If cmpro wants to rename it, then it has a good reason for it. If it's disabled then surely ddr3ma is not known and then it tries to find a set which matches best for the data inside the zip.

So...keep all sets enabled and decide yourself "I need the chds" or "I don't need the chds". You can - as you already found out -  temporarily close your eyes on the chd errors by toggling the checkbox.
Question 1....... you know sometime a CHD it's about 500MG also sometime about 1GB of size. If the CHD it's a part of a 'NOT WORKING' game it might be a good idea not to add the CHD file in my case to preserve some spaces on my HDD.
Take this for example...... look this scan result:
https://ibb.co/SP5msW8

look the selected sets.... ddr3mk. Apparently all "Dance Dance Revolution" variant it's all mark as 'NOT WORKING'. Where possible i have add the correct 'romset' but not add the CHD file. So if i disable 'CHD' on 'You want to scan' i can considerer all this game as 'know issue'

Question2: About 'ddr3ma.zip' it's a case made my crazy :) Especially because I don't understand what he wants :)
So....... on my roms there's no 'ddr3ma.zip' ..... if i look this picture:

am I saying exactly ?
- dd3ma.zip need to contain the file 'hd6473644h.18e' If i understand this rom it's 'NOT KNOW' or 'NOT ALREADY DUMPED'.
- This sets also need two parent. 'k573_dio.zip' and 'k573mcr.zip' it's correct ? Apparently i have correctly this two parent/bios file... it's correct ?
- Also.... for this games i also need the CHD file '887aaa02.chd'

Is what I just said correct?

So... if i want to resolve all this 'issue' whit this sets in that picture at least I have to satisfy the correct contain of .zip file... correct ?

then it's up to me to choose or not to add the file CHD. it's correct ?

I have also to understand.......... all those files with the eeprom icon with the question mark represent the files they currently are 'NOT KNOW' or 'NOT ALREADY DUMPED' ? It's correct ?

if everything is right let's say that I understood better how clrmamepro does it jobs... lol

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

"not working" is no term which is used in any way when it comes to audit sets. MAME has tons of sets which are non working simply because the emulation is not yet fully working, e.g. due to encryption/protection issues etc.

So differ between playing sets and auditing sets. cmpro is only for auditing sets and it audits what's listed in the datfile. Yes, there are 1GB CHDs which are non working...there are CHDs which are 30GB...so if you're into MAME, you should look out for larger HDs. However these days 2TB Disks are like 50EUR which is enough for plain MAME (roms/chds). When it comes to software lists you might look out for some more TB.

"ddr3ma", assuming you keep your sets split and using MAME .256, then you only need:

your_rompath\ddr3ma\887aaa02.chd

Why? Because the set has a 1 chd on its own, 1 nodump rom file (hd6473644h.18e, yes, the icon with the question mark....you can't find it, it's not dumped, ignore it), some shared files with its parent (ddr3mk) and 2 roms shared from devices and bios roms.... So no "own" rom files are needed, so you don't have a ddr3ma.zip

Keep in mind: A set is a collection of roms and/or chds and/or samples. There are chd-only sets, there are sample-only sets.
If you miss a chd from a chd only set you're missing the full set, if you miss a chd from a set with roms and chds and you got the roms, cmpro will still show the set as partially bad with the missing chd

To use ddr3ma in MAME (when storing the sets split), you of course need the chd, the parent romset, the needed devices and the needed bios rom....

"Where possible i have add the correct 'romset' but not add the CHD file."
There is no romset. The CHD is the only needed file...easy as that :)

DjDiabolik

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Exactly...... as I said. now i think i understand more how to use the clrmamepro.

Anyway yes....... my entire personal roms collection it's on split. I know very well that I currently have sets without required chd.
these are usually the settings I use for my scans (the preview it's completely cutted down...):

at full scan complete the result it's be populated by a lot of sets need his CHD files. But as i said i am aware of this :)

other times I also usually do scans using the 'Avail. Sets' and i uncheck 'Hide Fully-Missing Sets':
In this case the scan result report about 10 sets..... also in this case there's sets whit 'no know' roms or whitout chd :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.

anything