EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to combine two sets of MAME roms with the same name into a new clean set?  (Read 2988 times)

xmaxix

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 88.0.4324.182 Chrome 88.0.4324.182
    • View Profile

Hi, I have two different sets of MAME roms with the same names which has been cleaned separately with CLRMAME.
I want to know how can I combine bot set of roms into a single set since I know that some of the roms missing in one set are in the other set and also because, for sure, over 95% of the roms are the same between the two sets.
How can I combine the two sets into a single consolidated set of roms?
Thanks!

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Several ways...

- Rebuild both sources to a one new destination (with recompress turned off to make it rather quick)

or

- move them together (windows file explorer) and don't replace files, and after that rebuild the ones left over to that destiantion (rebuilder = adder)

or

- choose one collection, add the other as addpaths in settings, turn on fix missing and scan
« Last Edit: 19 February 2021, 07:12 by Roman »

xmaxix

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Hi Roman, thanks, indeed, it's not a matter of just "copy & paste" in Windows since there are several MAME sets with the same name but different roms on them.
I will try this approach:
- Rebuild both sources to a one new destination (with recompress turned off to make it rather quick)

Thanks!

xmaxix

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Hi, actually I tried the REBUILD option but on folder A, I have over 43gb of MAME roms 7,589 rom zip files in total while in folder B, I have 15gb and 8,400 rom zip files.
After using the "add path" option and rebuild, the resulting folder C was pretty much the same in terms of size and files than my folder B.
For some reason, it seems that it doesn't pick up many (or any) of the roms in folder A?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks...

Max

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Well, the rebuilder picks up anything which is valid (for the current loaded datfile) and not in the destination yet.

You should check:
- use the latest MAME binary as data source (don't import software lists)
- all sets are enabled (Scanner->ScanResults Tree Window->Set Information -> Select All
- all systems are enabled (Scanner->Systems-> all systems should be ticked)

Then you should double check your rebuilder configuration. You can use drag'n drop (files and folders) in the rebuiler window for your sourcefiles...so check the destination path.
In Rebuilder advanced there's an option to turn on logging if needed.

If that's all ok...and the resulting C folder is really that small, it seems that either you didn't rebuild folder A or it contains not valid files.

The rebuilder picks up anything valid (match by hash/size) from the source and recreates it (for all found instances) in the destination using the correct naming/set placement (if it doesn't exist there already)...

So..double check your setup and maybe turn on logging and drop some files from A and check what the log says.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything