EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using clrmamepro to create curated sets of files  (Read 2973 times)

cobhc

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 83.0.4103.116 Chrome 83.0.4103.116
    • View Profile
Using clrmamepro to create curated sets of files
« on: 20 July 2020, 13:28 »

Hello,

First of all, thank you for providing such a great product for free, it really is an amazing piece of software!

I have full Redump sets where I have created a new DAT file to only contain the games I would like to keep (removing clones, applications, unlicensed games, older revisions, etc.).

Originally what I was doing was to use the rebuild function (which takes quite a long time) using the original set as the source to a new "curated" folder. I then tried making a copy of the whole set and running the scanner (with the new DAT file) on the copies to remove the unwanted games.

The second option is quicker than a rebuild but still takes quite some time (on the copying side).

Is there any way for me to be able to take my 1336 Dreamcast Games (for example) and copy only the 664 that are in my new DAT file to another folder without doing a rebuild and without losing any of the original 1336? I understand this won't be an instant process, but as there are only half the zip files to copy over I figure it will be quicker than my current methods.

Hope this makes sense, thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2020, 13:29 by cobhc »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 84.0.4147.89 Chrome 84.0.4147.89
    • View Profile
Re: Using clrmamepro to create curated sets of files
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2020, 13:39 »

hmm....what you can do is a bit the other way around:
you can scan your 'old' collection with the 'new' dat without enabling the fix options. The sets which are not listed in the 'new' datfile will be shown as "unneeded". Then you can use the context menu option to move the listed entries to a different place of your choice... ;-)

But in general a rebuild to a new place with either unchecked "compress files" or unchecked "recompress files" (that's available for zip only) should be as fast as any copy operation on your machine....so you won't go under the time which is consumed by a standard file copy from x to y but a rebuild won't be much slower (without (re)compression). If you're using solid 7z archives or something then surely a manual copy is faster....

cobhc

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 83.0.4103.116 Chrome 83.0.4103.116
    • View Profile
Re: Using clrmamepro to create curated sets of files
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2020, 16:13 »

Thanks for responding, maybe it was a placebo that the Rebuild took a lot longer than the copy. I'll go with using that method as it's a lot easier and it means I can just set it going and leave it alone rather than having to do it in 2 stages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything