EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "The following not empty rompath don't contain any valid set"  (Read 5115 times)

krs000a

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 66.0 Firefox 66.0
    • View Profile

Hi.

I'm trying to set up ClrMamePro so sort out some Sega Master System NoIntro ROM sets. I used this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/5njtvs/guide_how_to_trim_your_romset_of_duplicate_roms/
I have added a rompath inside the ClrMamePro settings. The rompath folder contains 559 *.sms files.
Yet, when I hit Scan or New scan, ClrMamePro returns the following error message:

"The following not empty rompath don't contain any valid set:
C:\Users\User\Desktop\SMS\

Either you selected the wrong paths or all sets have wrong names.
Recheck your settings or enable at least 'set' + 'name' check.

Do you want to go on with the scan?"

If I choose to go on with the scan, it says I have 0 ROMs.
What am I doing wrong?

krs000a

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

When I save the "Missing" list and view it, a bunch of the listed ROMs are in that folder of my rompath. Most of them even have the correct name already, as if the romset was generated using the NoIntro SMS dat files. So why does ClrMamePro still insist the rompath contain no valid ROMs?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 73.0.3683.86 Chrome 73.0.3683.86
    • View Profile

Please check if you're following the official way to store sets.

rompath\setname\file 1 ... file n for decompressed sets
rompath\setname.zip (or .rar/.7z) for compressed sets.

"The rompath folder contains 559 *.sms file"  - You see, that's a wrong way. either you compress them one by one or you create subfolders for each set.

krs000a

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Please check if you're following the official way to store sets.

rompath\setname\file 1 ... file n for decompressed sets
rompath\setname.zip (or .rar/.7z) for compressed sets.

"The rompath folder contains 559 *.sms file"  - You see, that's a wrong way. either you compress them one by one or you create subfolders for each set.

Thanks for answering. But does it matter what their names are? The whole point I wanted to use the software was that it would rename a bunch of random names to the correct names. For example if I have the ROM that NoIntro calls "[BIOS] Sega Master System (USA) (M404) (Proto).sms", but my file is named "weowfowpwf.sms", how would I place the ROM for ClrMamePro to work? Do I basically have to know which ROM it is, and make a set folder called "[BIOS] Sega Master System (USA) (M404) (Proto)" and place "weowfowpwf.sms" inside of it? Because that kind of defeats the whole purpose I was going to use the program for.
Or am I misunderstanding?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 73.0.3683.86 Chrome 73.0.3683.86
    • View Profile

You can use the rebuilder to clean up messy collections. The rebuilder takes all files from a scource folder, checks the hashes against the loaded database and creates all matches instances in the given destination folder. There it uses the correct naming.

jimmyallen

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 74.0.3729.169 Chrome 74.0.3729.169
    • View Profile
    • you tv player apk

downloaded clrmamepro (3.85) out of the blue and, subsequent to downloading the "titles" dat document from the clrmamepro site and including my rompath, I attempted to check the 150 or so ROMS that I have that are missing records or have some different issues (for the most part missing documents) and got the accompanying blunder: "The accompanying not void rompaths don't contain any substantial sets: [directory way to ROMS] Either you chose wrong ways or all sets have wrong names. Recheck your settings or empower in any event 'set' + 'name' check."

I know the rompath is right, I verfied that at any rate a couple of the ROM names are in the "titles" dat record, and I have everything checked for the "check" and "fix" segments in the sweep settings.

The ROMS being referred to are standard Winzip documents that I haven't adjusted in any capacity. What am I fouling up? you tv player apk

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 74.0.3729.169 Chrome 74.0.3729.169
    • View Profile

"I know the rompath is right"
....well....I would say...no, it's not ;-) So, please give details how your files are arranged. As mentioned in a previous post, checking snapshot dats is easy since it follows the general standards, however, the rompath/folder structures may look a bit weird.

The titles datfile (not including software lists) got 1 set named "titles", so you got somewhere a folder named "tiltes" and this folder contains the single *.png files. Or you got a 7z/rar/zip archive named "titles.7z" (.rar/.zip) which holds the single png files.
Now the rompath you need to setup is the PARENT folder which holds either the titles folder or the archive file.
This follows the general rules:
rompath\setname\filename 1... filename n (for decompressed sets)
rompath\setname.zip (.rar/.7z) (for compressed sets where the archive holds the single files)

So double check your setup.
If you're still sure the strucute is correctly setup, you might use a wrong datfile for right files or vice versa.

"The ROMS being referred to are standard Winzip documents" ....sounds weird, since for titles you only need 1 archive, not multiple (as long as you don't include snapshots for softwarelists).

Generally speaking, you need to describe your setup a bit more.....one time you talk about tiles, one time about roms and your free text error message does not make sense either.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2019, 17:55 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.