EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cmp 4.035 Rebuilder problem: does nothing not even writing logfile  (Read 3144 times)

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 69.0.3497.100 Chrome 69.0.3497.100
    • View Profile

Hi,
I've noticed sometimes cmp Rebuilder just does nothing, even when sourced with valid roms/bios files.
Today I put bios and roms files under a "temp" I use, started cmp, Rebuild, and nothing. Dialog with statistics came with "0 source files". I enabled logfile, tried again, but logfile is not even created!
Please help! This is not the first time I see this behavior.
Thanks!

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

could be anything...
- check the loaded datfile
- check your selected source path, in case of add paths check if they are available and enabled
- check the files in the path (not +s / +h)
- check if you accidently disabled sets in scanner->set information or in systems (window title would show a notification tough)
- check if 3rd party apps like virusscanners lock access to files
- in case of a network drive, (esp. Samba usage), there is a pretty common problem with very old drivers which cause to skip files
- in case of a network connection, be sure that the folder is available before running

0 source files pretty much shows that the file walk didn't find any file....so something's wrong with the source...so that's the first thing to check

You might want to check sysinternals process explorer to see which files cmpro wants to access.

Rebuilder is so widely and often used and it's the first time I hear about this (when upper points are checked of course)...so...pretty much on your side ;-)
« Last Edit: 29 September 2018, 17:52 by Roman »

llagos

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Thanks Ronan...

Found what happened... f***ing Windows 10... For some reason, win10 is deleting the files (not moving them to the bin; just plain old delete)... this happens right after I drag/drop them from WinRar or 7Zip to my "temp" folder, then I switch to cmp window, and on that switch, Win10 deletes all the files, so when I hit Rebuild, no files...

it seems this happens when I hit the "Rebuild" icon from the main menu... 'cause if I hit that button before the drag&drop, and then I hit the "rebuild" button from the Rebuild dialog it works...!

So.. maybe when you click the Rebuild icon from the main menu, cmp may be "cleaning" the temp directory defined???

Regards,

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile

I will have a look. Clrmamepro clears its temp folder (not the windows temp folder) on startup....it shouldn't do this anytime during working with it.

Update: I was right, only on cmpro startup the cmpro temp folder gets cleaned. Not during working with it. And again, it's the cmpro temp folder in the cmpro main folder. cmpro doesn't use the windows temp folder (%TEMP%) at all.
« Last Edit: 01 October 2018, 18:27 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 19 queries.

anything