EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with "Seet exists in various rompaths"?  (Read 4326 times)

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.110 Chrome 58.0.3029.110
    • View Profile

I was missing some roms from my NES collection so I started adding them by dragging and dropping the missing rom files onto the "Scan Results" window to be rebuilt into my set.  Well I guess I accidently dragged and dropped the wrong file that wasn't actually missing onto that window and I got this message in the "Scan Results" window:

Set exists in various rompaths: D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Sunday Funday - The Ride (USA) (Unl).7z; D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Sunday Funday - The Ride (USA) (Unl).zip
Set exists in various rompaths: D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Menace Beach (USA) (Unl).7z; D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Menace Beach (USA) (Unl).zip
Set exists in various rompaths: D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Free Fall (USA) (Proto).7z; D:\No-Intro\Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System\Free Fall (USA) (Proto).zip

So I'm guess that that one rom file I tried to add somehow matched all 3 of those roms listed above?  I'm not really sure.  All I know is that now I can't make that message go away.  I am now not missing any roms, but every time I do a scan I still get that message listed above.  I even tried doing a new scan and checked fix for everything hoping that it would correct whatever was wrong but the message still shows up.  What exactly does that message mean and how do I fix it?  I'm thinking rebuilding from that folder into a new folder would do the trick but I really don't want to have to do that.  Thank you.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with "Seet exists in various rompaths"?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2018, 10:51 »

...and you have them in different archive types (7z and zip).

So you can simply move them manually out of the rompaths and use a well configured rebuilder to readd them
...or keep one instance alive and kill the other

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2018, 15:17 »

Now I understand what it is saying.  I didn't notice the same roms with the different file extensions.  My set is in. 7z but the missing roms I found were in .zip.  I thought that I could just drag the .zip file into the scan results window and it would rebuild them into the set as .7z.  I guess I should have used the rebuilder tab instead.  So I guess I can just find the 3 zip files and delete them and everything should be fine, right? Or is it not quite that simple?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2018, 18:47 »

If you drag'n drop files, the rebuilder is used internally and of course the current settings of the rebuilder are used.....so if you prefer 7z you should switch it in the rebuilder options

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2018, 23:03 »

That's what I did wrong.  For the complete set i used the main NES No-Intro datfile and rebuilt that into 7-zip.  The parent/clone datfile i used to rebuild that complete set onto USB drive and never changed the rebuild options.  I know what I need to do now.  Thanks again for the help.

Off-topic: Do you have your own discord server for talking about clrmamepro ot are their any chats you normally hang out in?  Or do you prefer keeping all communications in the forums?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2018, 04:30 »

forum please
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 19 queries.

anything