EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: excluding non-working rom/chd sets  (Read 3082 times)

TheMadZymurgist

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
    • View Profile
excluding non-working rom/chd sets
« on: 06 April 2018, 22:33 »

I've figure out to to make the scan and rebuilder functions work to maintin rom/chd sets and move new stuff into the right directories as I aquire it.

What I cannot figure out is a way to get clrmamepro to ignore non-working sets, other than going though one-by-one, figuring out manually which sets are non-working and them marking them as 'uneeded' by removing the check box in the 'Set information' window.

When clrmamepro is building the list of games by invoking the mame.exe excutable, doesn't mame report which games are functional and which are not?    Isn't there some way to tell it to ignore non-functional games?

In the 'Advanced...'  button on the scanner, there is an option for 'Mark disabled sets as unneeded', but if that's doing anything, I can't see it.

Advice would be appreciated

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile
Re: excluding non-working rom/chd sets
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2018, 09:16 »

Well, first of all, cmpro is an auditing tool, so you need a way to tell cmpro what a working set is actually.
...and that's the problem. A validated set with all required files is something different than a working set, since emulation lacks may make a game impossible to play but still a full dump exists....

So...there is no good flag in MAME's -listxml output which marks a set "working".

So you usually end with enabling/disabling sets manually in Scanner->Scan Results Window->Set Information.

What you can do is either use a manual list (provided by some sites in the internet) which picked the working ones and use this list in Set Information's
 FromFile. Or you can use Select Sets with %D=good to enable the ones which have DriverStatus = good.

But still...there is no real marker....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything