EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clrmamepro saying I have no missing even though most have errors  (Read 4469 times)

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile

I'm using clrmamepro on my Playstation 1 set using the latest datfile from Redump.org.  Over the years I've had multiple hard drives filled with multiple variations of these games (mostly USA) and in no real order.  So I pointed clrmamepro to an empty folder as my rom directory and the 5 different folders on my different hard drives in the add paths.  I also downloaded the cue files from redump and pointed clrmamepro to that as well and proceeded to rebuild my set to the empty folder.  What I didn't realize was that most of the USA games also matched the games from other regions so my collection took up a lot more space.  No big deal on that.  But also, since I pointed it to the cue files that I downloaded from Redump it created a zip file for all 9,000 plus games.  Again, not a big deal.  So now that it finished rebuilding, I ran a scan on it and obviously it showed a lot of errors since I was missing .bin files for a lot of the games.  When it was done I wanted to see what I was missing so I clicked the button to give me a miss.txt list and it said I was missing 0 roms.  I'm assuming its saying that because technically I do have a zip file that's named after every game in the datfile so its saying I am missing none.  However, I would like to be able to save a text file with a list of games that are missing files in their zip files so I can start hunting down those files and making my set complete.  I know I can leave the window open that lists all the errors and go through it that way but I'd rather just save it to a text file so I can reference it later and not have to leave clrmamepro open just to see what's not complete.

So to summarize, clrmamepro is saying I have no missing roms even though a lot of them have errors.  How can I have it list the games that have errors into a list much like the miss.txt list does if I am missing any roms.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2018, 00:46 by Clutz450 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

First of all, you need to realize how the official storing methods work:
rompath\setname\file 1...file n for decompressed sets
rompath\setname.zip (.rar/.7z) for compressed sets
chd files are usually also stored like the decompressed version. So you may have something like myroms\game1\1.chd while the belonging roms are stored in myroms\game1.zip

The rebuilder is a file based tool which simply takes any file from the source and adds it to all existing instances (database match) in the destination. Of course a rebuilder operation does not say anything about completeness.

The scanner is the checking tool. Don't use the miss and have list buttons but keep all "you want to check" and all check options enabled and do a scan. The scanner tree window gives you detailed information what is needed.

The miss/have lists are just a quick lookup if a set exists, not necessarily if they are complete.
Finally you need to be sure that you're checking the correct stuff (double check the loaded database against the version you're using for playing, check the rompaths, check if all sets and systems are enabled).

So...to sum it up: use scanner's (new)scan option and look at the tree output. That's the only important information about the completeness of your sets.

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile

I get all that.  Thank you for explaining it anyway.  What I am looking for is a way to take that tree output and be able to save it to a list.  This way I know what zips are missing .bin files so I know which games I need to search for to make complete.  Is that possible?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

the context menu offers several options...for example copy-to-clipboard->all listed set messages and there is also a log file option under save

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile

Thank you.  I will give that a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.38 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything