EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem in rebuilding MAME set over an exFAT volume  (Read 2972 times)

il_benny

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 54.0 Firefox 54.0
    • View Profile

Hi, i found a bizarre behaviour in rebuild a MAME set over an exFAT volume.

Actually I'm using a dual Xeon 24 core total and 128 GB of ram and 3 Hard Drive.
The first one (C:) contains the OS, Windows Server 2016
The second one (D:) has all the WIP roms
The last one (E:) is the target for the rebuilder of clrmamepro 

The same test has been replicated using a different pc equipped with an i7, 32GB of memory and 3 Hard Drive (new ones) and with both windows 10 / 8.1 as operating system

It happens that the rebuild end correctly and from the scanner seem all ok too, but when checking the zip files, using the test function of 7z itself or different tools like total commander, and average of 10 / 15 archive results as corrupted
What is strange is that after running the rebuilt more times (deleting the zip before each run of course) the corrupted archive are not always the same, nor their number that can be more or less.
Also the zip size or the number of files in it, don't appear to be a discriminating factor as you can get bigger files or small ones broken.

Usually I'm running CMPro from a 48GB ramdisk (a bit smaller one on the i7 pc) using the free ImDisk (http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/) , but even disabling it and executing from the hd don't change the results.
I also checked to exclude the cmpro task from the antivirus and the rebuild destination

However there are no problem if I rebuilt to 7z over exFAT volume, or if the same disk is formatted again in NTFS

PS. I also tried in using different allocation unit size for the exFAT volume, and I've been able to rebuild a complete TOSEC set, but no luck with MAME

Davide

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 59.0.3071.115 Chrome 59.0.3071.115
    • View Profile
Re: Problem in rebuilding MAME set over an exFAT volume
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2017, 16:43 »

Well, sounds more like a hardware or driver issue. Randomly appearing file corruption......RAM/PowerSupply/Chipsetdriver...typical answers....googling brings up this https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/367509-Files-corrupted-when-copying-to-external-usb3-hdd

and in the end someone recommended to turn off Microsoft Security Essentials and it solved his issues..

Rebuilding can cause a lot ram/hd traffic, so any interuption either by bad drivers or virusscanners can cause such things....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.

anything