EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Occasionally losing 'ROMs'  (Read 3137 times)

geekbrain

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 55.0.2883.87 Chrome 55.0.2883.87
    • View Profile
Occasionally losing 'ROMs'
« on: 28 January 2017, 15:20 »

Every few releases, the support files (cabinets, cpanel, flyers, marquees, titles, etc.) seem to lose an entry here or there.  I think I realized what is happening.  On new releases I was doing a rebuild BEFORE scanning the pack with the new DAT file.  I suspect the rebuilding process was overwriting an entry that should have been renamed FIRST.  Can anyone confirm my suspicions?  If these suspicions are true, I can avoid doing so in the future but is there a way to alter the rebuilder to prevent others from suffering the same lapse of judgment (i.e. at least a warning)?

-Thanks-

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 56.0.2924.76 Chrome 56.0.2924.76
    • View Profile
Re: Occasionally losing 'ROMs'
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2017, 18:28 »

The rebuilder is a pure "adder". It adds files (which match the checksum) from a source to the destination. If a different file already exists at that place (and doesn't match the checksum), this file is moved to backup first.
So yes, it's pretty common that files which might belong to a different place (due to renames, reorganizations) gets overwritten by the rebuilder....but they are not lost, they are in the backup folder (unless you untick the belonging make-backups option.
The standard way to update sets is running the scanner first with all check/fix options, THEN use the rebuilder to add the missing stuff.
So you only need to rebuild your cmpro backup folder and you get your files back.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2017, 18:29 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.631 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything