EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "You either stopped the loading process or the file is corrupt."  (Read 6006 times)

Hurda

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 24.0 Firefox 24.0
    • View Profile

In 4.030 and 4.030a, I cannot open or update existing profiles, which I opened and changed with previous CMP-versions.

I always get the error:
An error occured while reading the information

X:\foobar\path_to_dat.dat

You either stopped the loading process or the file is corrupt.
when opening a profile from the Profiler-window.

After downgrading back to 4.029b, the profiles can be opened again.

What could be the cause of this?
« Last Edit: 09 October 2016, 16:39 by Hurda »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 53.0.2785.143 Chrome 53.0.2785.143
    • View Profile

Hmm...nothing changed in ages in these routines...especially not with the recent versions...weird..
Updating works fine here...so it must be something specific with your files.
Maybe the files are somehow locked during the update process (and can't be moved/deleted).

If you like you can packup your settings and datfile folder and send them to me...or just some example files which do fail.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I've tested this now serveral times on different machines, I don't have any issues with updating or opening dats.
I need more information or example files to find out what's going on on your system

Hurda

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

• Extract cmp4029b_32.zip into a new folder.*
  • Extract the contents of the attached zip into that folder.
  • Launch CMP and load the Megadrive-profile. This does work.
  • Close CMP and extract cmp4030a_32.zip into the folder.
  • Launch CMP and load the Megadrive-profile. This does NOT work and shows the mentioned error-message.
  • Close CMP, reopen it and load the Megadrive-profile. This does work.

* Alternatively you can use cmp4030a_32.zip in the beginning too, but you have to extract the attached zip-file into the CMP-folder a second time after loading the Megadrive-profile for the first time after step 4.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2016, 13:53 by Hurda »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

well, I don't have 4029b_32 here so I extracted 4.030a into a new folder, copied your files over, started it (it then complains that backup and download folder are not valid since you're using paths which are not available her) and then I loaded the shown datfile without any errors.
So no error here..

...then I've extracted the zipfile again over the installation as you pointed out. Prompts regarding bad backup/download folder reapper...fine....and the profile loads just fine...

Can you show some screenshot of the error please...and what's the path of your cmpro installation and what's your OS?

Maybe some other user can try to repeat this?
« Last Edit: 10 October 2016, 14:16 by Roman »

oddi

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 49.0 Firefox 49.0
    • View Profile

Now tested , no problem , all it's fine.
@Hurda: May u have any other problem - antivirus, bad hdd, bad ram , broken windows and etc etc

Hurda

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

well, I don't have 4029b_32 here so I extracted 4.030a into a new folder, copied your files over, started it (it then complains that backup and download folder are not valid since you're using paths which are not available her) and then I loaded the shown datfile without any errors.
So no error here..

...then I've extracted the zipfile again over the installation as you pointed out. Prompts regarding bad backup/download folder reapper...fine....and the profile loads just fine...

When the folders in the cmpro.ini or of the rom-profile can't be found, the error doesn't come up here either.

I changed the paths in the profile by pointing to empty folders in the CMP-folder, see the attachment. I hope you can reproduce it this way.

Can you show some screenshot of the error please...and what's the path of your cmpro installation and what's your OS?

• See the attached pic
  • G:\Roms\cmp\...
  • Win 7 64bit
« Last Edit: 10 October 2016, 20:43 by Hurda »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Even if I reconstruct your G:\ folders completely (and so I don't get any warning prompts on startup) I cannot reproduce this problem. It simply loads the files.

Your screenshot howerver shows something weird. What path is "c:\temp\New folder (2)\__\datfiles\...." ????

This path does not appear in your provided files at all. Does it even exist?

So, yes...I see the prompt...and if you ask me the prompt is right because I doubt that something useful is in the mentioned path (or is it?). Now the question is why does cmpro look into the path. Since it's not in your provided files, you might recognize it somehow ("New folder (2)\__" is so unique that it should ring a bell).

So please double check your installation.

Hurda

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Even if I reconstruct your G:\ folders completely (and so I don't get any warning prompts on startup) I cannot reproduce this problem. It simply loads the files.
That's unfortunate.

Your screenshot howerver shows something weird. What path is "c:\temp\New folder (2)\__\datfiles\...." ????

This path does not appear in your provided files at all. Does it even exist?
"c:\temp\New folder (2)\__\" is the path of the test-copy of cmp I used for reproducing the bug, and "datfiles" is a folder of CMP.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.59 Chrome 54.0.2840.59
    • View Profile

so you unpacked a clean cmpro to c:\temp\New folder (2)\__\datfiles\ and copied your provided files (with the settings, dats and cmpro.ini) over it and you run into this problem?
Can you put this full installation into an archive again and send it to me please?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.59 Chrome 54.0.2840.59
    • View Profile

ah...had a closer look at your settings files...seems you're using relative paths?

Settings_RomPathEx = .\test\|1

so maybe you're not starting cmpro from its own folder and the relative paths get weird....
so be sure you're using the correct startup path or use absolute paths...just an idea..

but again...I wasn't able to reproduce your prompt message yet

....and it's not recommended to use a cmpro.ini file or other settings file from one cmpro installation in a different one....they do hold paths entries (no matter if relative or absolute) which point to cmpro paths/files...so you mix up a lot then....

Since noone else ever reported such a problem (and users do update their dats a lot) I assume it's somehow based on your system. I can only say, try to disable background processes (like virusscanner, zipping tools) which might interfear diskaccess...or try a clean new install.

« Last Edit: 16 October 2016, 08:26 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.

anything
anything