EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Basics...  (Read 12778 times)

mb2069

• Operating System:
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0 MS Internet Explorer 8.0
    • View Profile
The Basics...
« on: 20 November 2010, 22:29 »

Hi.  I'll skip the, how I'm a newbie intro....can anyone tell me how to use clrmamepro.  I need to convert MAME ROM files from 0.139 to 0.37b5.  I just bought a Caanoo handheld with the intention of loading all the classic arcade games.  In the past I've only used a PC version (early 90's) and never payed attention to ROM versions and all worked well.  I loaded MAME on the Caanoo and that worked fine, however it doesn't recognize any of the ROMs - from what I've read, it's because of the ROM version they are vs. the version of MAME the Caanoo has installed.  Unfortunately, at:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/caanoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,73

This is the only MAME version for the Caanoo and it based on MAME 0.37b5.

If this isn't the right place to ask this type of question, please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: 20 November 2010, 22:30 by mb2069 »

f205v

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
    • EMMA dumping team
Re: The Basics...
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2010, 16:08 »

well, do the following:
1) get a correct datfile for 0.37b5 (or create one yourself using the mame 0.37b5 exe)
2) point clrmame to said datfile, go to rebuilder, use your actual rom folder as a source and a new folder as destination.
3) make it run (remeber to un-check "remove files" if you want to keep your actual collection of roms unaffected by the process)

At the of the rebuilt process you will have in the new folder the best possible collection of roms for 0.37b5 that you can possibly get from your actual roms.

In case repeat the process using the roll-back collection as a source.
-------------
ciao
f205v

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.12 Firefox 3.6.12
    • View Profile
Re: The Basics...
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2010, 17:29 »

well, yes, a job for the rebuilder.

1) either load a datfile for that old mame version or use the profiler's create option and point to the old mame exe. Be sure you've selected OLD_MAME to parse the correct old format

2) rebuilder source points to your new collection, rebuilder destination points to your future 37something folder

3) after rebuilding, let a rompath point to that new folder and scan....guess you will have a hard time finding old baddumps which were replaced later on...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 20 queries.

anything
anything