EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Software Lists but not new to clrmamepro - help  (Read 7428 times)

McHale

• "Total Carnage! ... Let's go"
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 43.0.2357.130 Chrome 43.0.2357.130
    • View Profile

Since MAME was merged with MESS, I've been trying to properly scan the MESS software.  There has to be a MUCH easier way than what I'm doing.

After saying yes to Software Lists, do I have to manually select each and every folder for all systems in the advanced tab?  And if I take the time to do that, will I have to do that again when a new MAME comes out and I perform a new scan?  When I do an auto-assign, it just has MAME\ROMS folder listed for all systems.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Mc

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: New to Software Lists but not new to clrmamepro - help
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2015, 14:03 »

well...direct software lists import is a bit..hmm..complex..

First of all if you don't select all software lists, you will run into a problem that you select a supported list but nothing is imported. This issue is MAME based (might be solved in the meantime haven't checked yet). For some lists MAME does not export the software list details if calling the export for this single list. A full export will export all (and a full export is called when you select all lists).

Secondly, there is currently a problem with software lists which use CHDs and share the setname with other lists (or standard MAME)....This is on my to do list and I hope I can concentrate on this soon....

well...now to the setup (which only has to be done ONCE (only if new software lists are added you need to adjust the new ones). You need distinct rompaths for each softwarelist and you have to assign them as system default paths. This can be done in the systems dialog. If you already got files, you might be able to use "auto-assign" which tries to automatically assign rompaths to the lists...

A complete different approach (where you don't have any of the above problems) is to use the single XML files from MAME's hash holder (which represent the software lists). They can be loaded via the profiler and in combination with the batcher (= select more than one profile and hit load) you can run/scan/rebuild them with one click....
However you have to manually drag'n drop all xml files in your profiler after a new MAME comes out....cmpro should be clever enough to see if it's a new one or just an updated one (and either create a new profile or load the existing one)....

McHale

• "Total Carnage! ... Let's go"
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: New to Software Lists but not new to clrmamepro - help
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2015, 03:20 »

Thanks Roman.  That helps a ton.  I'll give the XML files way a shot. 

-Mc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 19 queries.

anything