EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been using CMP for years, now I need help with a Redump set update.  (Read 10231 times)

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 27.0 Firefox 27.0
    • View Profile

I have a Redump set that is about two years old, the set is 7z. I recently updated the set. In mame when I need to update I simple put the newer torrent over the old set and dl on top of old set. Usually I have to dl about 10% to get back to complete 100%. Then I use CMP make a DAT from the mame exe then run it on the set and it will tell me whats unneeded then I delete it that's it. Ok, I did the same thing this time with this redump set I had but for some reason it's not telling me whats not needed. By the way I used the DAT that came with the torrent. In the folder I currently have about 1517 files in it. But I know for a fact in CMP it's telling me the set is only 1487 so this what CMP is telling me when I look at the profiler section. I have 30 unneeded files that don't belong in that folder. What I don't understand as to why is CMP not telling me which 30 files are unneeded. In the Scan Results window it's says I'm actually missing a whole bunch like hundreds of files which is BS cause I dl'ed the whole set 100%. How do I find and remove the 30 unneeded files that ain't suppose to be their ? In settings I have chosen Add-Paths in the drop down and then I have it pointing towards the folder. In the scanner mode I have only the sets box ticked to scan. thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2014, 23:46 by Stalker11 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.146 Chrome 33.0.1750.146
    • View Profile

Well, all detailed information is shown in the scan results (tree) window (stats window is actually of no real interest ...)

If nothing is shown there, then you most likely hide information. Check the context menu for things like view->hide fully missing sets and deselect it if it's enabled.......and of course be sure that all sets/systems/etc are enabled. You can do this by going to the setinformation screen (button bottom left in the scan results tree) and hit "select all"...
and of course be sure that all check options are enabled....

« Last Edit: 06 March 2014, 08:37 by Roman »

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

OK I know what the problem is, and I don't know how to fix it, very odd. In the scan results (tree) window it's saying at the very top ''Set Information | ( insert name of the set here (USA) [GAMES] 1487/1487 Sets''
I sorta counted approximately in the scan results (tree) window all the games it says I'm missing and it pretty much is the whole set 1487. So I go to the settings to make sure my path is correct and it is. So for test purposes I created a bogus folder on my desktop with nothing in it and then scanned that folder, it gave me exactly the same results as when I scan the real folder. So I'm like now saying what the hell is going on the CMP can't even see any of the files in the real folder. I don't know if this is important but the folder with the 1517 files in it is on another HDD in my tower.

Do I need to start over and reinstall CMP ? I simply just pointed to the dat then I chose Load/created then if I recall correctly on the next prompt I used the second option something about using the default options then I went to settings chose Add-Paths in the drop down then pointed to the folder. Then click X in top right corner then the rectangular box came up then I chose Scanner. Then a new box came up then under the ''You want to scan'' I chose the Sets tick box only. Then I did a New scan and the rest you know.

Can you please stay with me and see me through this problem please. thanks
« Last Edit: 10 March 2014, 23:46 by Stalker11 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.146 Chrome 33.0.1750.146
    • View Profile

0) profiler, hit "Clear Cache" and afterwards load your profile
1) settings, check rompaths..double check it if this absolute path points to the sets you want to scan
2) scanner -> systems -> Press "All" to enable all systems/devices/etc
3) scanner -> setinformation -> Press "Select All" to ensure that all sets are enabled
4) scanner -> enable Sets/Roms/Samples/CHDs (if they are selectable) and enable all "check" options. Finally hit "New Scan" (not "Scan").

If you still got issues, send me your cmpro.ini, the belonging .dat and .cmp files (cmpro datfile and settings folder).

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Sorry I didn't get back for a couple of days, I had extenuating circumstances to take care of. None of those suggestions worked. What did work was in the settings I had to have in the drop menu the option had to be ROM-Paths then have it point to the folder. Before it was Add-Paths then pointing to folder location. Even when I tried selecting ROM-Paths and then pointing to the folder location and then X out of it, it would automatically revert back to Add-Paths, so I had to uninstall and reinstall CMP and when I set it to ROM-Paths it stayed and did not revert back to Add-Paths after X'ing out of the menu. Anyway it works fine now the 30 files only were shown to me. It's odd that this whole thing happened in the first place. Thanks for you though.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
    • View Profile

erm....what was that about addpaths? you mean addpaths was selected and it did not accept your change to rompaths? but you did have rompaths setup? sounds weird :-)

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I would like to ask another question about another problem I have. I don't want to start another topic and maybe look like a dork.

I want to update my mame set roms/chds to 0.152. I recently updated the set. In mame when I need to update I simple put the newer torrent over the old set and dl on top of old set. Usually I have to dl about 10% to get back to complete 100%.

I make my DAT file from the latest mameui 0.152 using CMP. No problems creating DAT but when I load them and CMP has to scan the DAT it ask me questions like these and often they ask the same questions for many times for different sets, I don't know what to answer. Just to let you know I switched over to downloading only merged sets for the roms to save space and also I don't collect sample sets etc, I only get roms/chds that's it. I don't remember getting asked so many questions when getting only split sets in the past. Are these questions because my set is a merged set now ?

Dat File Problems
"""""""""""""""""""
----------------------------------------------------------
Set:   Bomb Jack (Tecfri, Spain)
Name:   bombjackt
ROM:   13.1r

Issue:   Can't merge set due to equal names for different ROM hashes

Press yes to remove parent/clone relationship or no to force split-merge mode.

Yes Yes to all or No or No to all ?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Set:   Aaron Spelling (1.01)
Name:   aar_101

Issue:   Alternative Samplefolder 'genpin' doesn't exist

Missing Alternative Samplefolder will be added as sample-only set.
------------------------------------------------------
Set:   3 Bags Full (5VXFC790, Victoria)
Name:   3bagflvt

Issue:   Alternative Samplefolder '3bagflvt' is useless

Sample merge relationship will be removed.

ok or ok to all
------------------------------------------------------------------
Set:   King Derby (bootleg set 2)
Name:   kingdrbb2
ROM:   sg1_b.e1

Issue:   Possible wrong nodump definition found

A valid checksum for it within its parent/clone relationship was found though.
Insert found checksum instead of using the 'nodump'?

--------------------------------------------------------
Set:   New Lucky 8 Lines (set 3, W-4, extended gfx)
Name:   lucky8b
ROM:   8.bin

Issue:   Can't merge set due to equal names for different ROM hashes

Press yes to remove parent/clone relationship or no to force split-merge mode.

-----------------------------------------------------
thanks roman

By the way how do most mamers get their DAT files do they do like me and create the DAT from the EXE or do they to website and download dats already made ?   
« Last Edit: 13 March 2014, 00:00 by Stalker11 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.149 Chrome 33.0.1750.149
    • View Profile

Well, the prompts are about various issues within the MAME database which need resolving. Sometimes MAMEDevs simply forget to fix relations between sets. Normally the prompt tells you what the problem is. What you answer is your personal taste. I myself always say "Yes To All"....

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

By the way how do most mamers get their DAT files do they do like me and create the DAT from the EXE or do they download dats already made ? I make mine from mameui exe. 

Because I'm using a merged set would I been asked the same questions while making/loading the dat if say I still was using a split set ? Pretty much the only con in using a merged set would be because it takes longer to build and fix right, other than that it does save a little bit of space I guess. thanks

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
    • View Profile

I think they get the data directly from the exe (profiler-> create)...does not matter if mameui or mame is used.

..the prompts tell you some important things about possible conflicts if you're using full merged sets...it needs to remove some parent clone relationships in some cases or forces you to use spli merge mode....due to identically named sets which are not identical bytewise....prevents overwriting

Stalker11

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Would you then suggest not to use merged sets then ? How do you feel about merged set when it comes to mame ?
« Last Edit: 15 March 2014, 13:26 by Stalker11 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 33.0.1750.149 Chrome 33.0.1750.149
    • View Profile

This is purely personal taste....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.

anything