EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clrmamepro 3.134 released  (Read 8898 times)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.3 Firefox 3.6.3
    • View Profile
clrmamepro 3.134 released
« on: 26 May 2010, 21:55 »

added: support mess software list's loadflag continue and ignore flags
added: show rebuilder warning if rebuilt file can't be removed (when wanted)
fixed: fixed wrong named sets falsely need a 2 pass scan to get displayed correctly
fixed: chd-on-root level was broken for romless sets
fixed: replacing an xml dat does not reset the profile status
fixed: profiler.xml stats values are wrong (32bit version only) (funnily enough I forgot to list this in the 32bit's whatsnew.txt ;))
« Last Edit: 27 May 2010, 09:24 by Roman »

Firewave

• Operating System:
  • Windows Server 2003 Windows Server 2003
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 6.0.408.1 Chrome 6.0.408.1
    • View Profile
Re: clrmamepro 3.134 released
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2010, 11:58 »

Thanks for the fixes. Did you include a fix for the 0-byte files with the rebuilder yet?

There are also still issues when updating an xml. In this case it's the sg1000.xml. After I updated it it showed a set as incomplete during the first run and completely missing during the second one (monacogp).
While trying to investigate the issue I ran into the next problem. I reverted to the old version of the XML and during the scan it showed a set as missing, that isn't even in it (monacogpa). Clearing the cache fixed the problem.
I attached both XMLs.

Update:
Regarding the first issue here's the result after the first scan:

Monaco GP (Jpn) [folder: monacogp - size: 40kb]
missing rom: monaco gp [24k].bin [size: 40960] [CRC32: 8572d73a] [SHA1: bea768b27c09bec805f0c70545d2f1435e3a3ddf]

After second scan:

Monaco GP (Jpn) [folder: monacogp - size: 40kb]
missing set: Monaco GP (Jpn)
missing rom: monaco gp [24k].bin [size: 40960] [CRC32: 8572d73a] [SHA1: bea768b27c09bec805f0c70545d2f1435e3a3ddf]

Update 2:
The first issue is not fixed by clearing the cache.
« Last Edit: 01 June 2010, 14:47 by Firewave »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2010, 16:13 »

the disk full thing wasnt touched. regarding the missing set issue, i will look i to this when i m back. is it a completely empty rompath or what do you scan? regarding the set issue...again i need some info about what you scan and how. totally different set sounds weird. 

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6.3 Firefox 3.6.3
    • View Profile
Re: clrmamepro 3.134 released *update 2*
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2010, 19:07 »

I can't repeat your issues here.
I've loaded the old sg1000.xml into the profiler, setup an empty rompath, scanned, all sets appear with "missing set" tags and only one monaco set is listed.
Then I've loaded the new sg100.xml into the profiler and cmpro detected that you can update the old one. Fine, done, scanned again, all sets appear with a "missing set" tag and monaco is listed twice because the new datfile holds two monaco games.
Then I've loaded the old datfile again into the profiler, updated the new one with it, scanned, and again all sets are correctly listed as missing sets and again only one monaco set is listed.

So....you need to give me more details, step by step, what you're doing. Plus maybe information about
the files you got in the rompath.

*update* I might have a guess what the issue is about the not showing up "missing set" entry in the 1st scan. I expect you got a monacogp set from the old dat, but since it was completely replaced with a different dump in the new datfile, the set name check did see it as existing in the first scan, while the rom scans of course tell you it's unneeded and removes the full file.

So, first scan, set exists, roms in the archive are wrong though.
second scan, set does not exist anymore (because the unneeded rom was removed) and it correctly lists it with missing set now.
Well, it's a rare effect and based on the fact how cmpro scans. In this case, the rom fixes will alter the state of set checks....I might have a look if this can be somehow prevented but it's not a bug.

Regarding your other "cache" issue, no idea. Can't repeat this here. Sounds more like you scanned or updated the wrong datfile.

*update 2*
I was able to reproduce the "missing set" "missing roms" thingie and I was right. It happens exactly as described above, when a set is completely replaced by a new one. This will be 'fixed' for the next release.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2010, 20:27 by Roman »

Firewave

• Operating System:
  • Windows Server 2003 Windows Server 2003
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 6.0.422.0 Chrome 6.0.422.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2010, 20:41 »

Ah, that makes sense. Good you were able to reproduce it.

I am still looking at the other issue as I am not able to reproduce it anymore and I was able to do so easily before. Something weird is, that I suddenly had a file named "monacogp_30254.zip" in the backup folder and there was never such a filename in any of the dats.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 4.0 Safari 4.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2010, 21:24 »

easy answer for that: cmpro creates unique filenames in the backup folder to avoid overwriting. it uses underscore plus some numbers in case a to-be-backuped file already exists in the backupfolder. so nothing unusual here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 19 queries.

anything