EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not removing files from RAR  (Read 11837 times)

donnyj

• Operating System:
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 7.0 MS Internet Explorer 7.0
    • View Profile
not removing files from RAR
« on: 22 May 2009, 02:16 »

I have noticed that recently removing rebuilt files from RARs hasn't been working for me.

I download 10+ "ROMs" a day that are in RAR format with two files in each. One file is the needed rom and the other is an .NFO.

I have to unRAR them to get the desired results...

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.10 Firefox 3.0.10
    • View Profile
Re: not removing files from RAR
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2009, 07:16 »

I have noticed that recently removing rebuilt files from RARs hasn't been working for me.

I download 10+ "ROMs" a day that are in RAR format with two files in each. One file is the needed rom and the other is an .NFO.

1) of course the rebuilder would only remove the rebuilt file, the rom and not the NFO file.
2) remove from rar works perfectly fine, however your rar settings (settings->compressor->rar) must be valid for your system, i.e. you must have winrar installed and its binary must be in your %PATH% environment.

donnyj

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2009, 02:15 »

1) of course the rebuilder would only remove the rebuilt file, the rom and not the NFO file.
2) remove from rar works perfectly fine, however your rar settings (settings->compressor->rar) must be valid for your system, i.e. you must have winrar installed and its binary must be in your %PATH% environment.

crap, I wasn't clear: the ROM is NOT being removed from the .RAR, the reason I mentioned that there were 2 files in each archive was in case that happened to matter.

strange, I know I had rar removal working at one point, now winrar.exe is not setup. I just fixed that. Pointed it to the short filename: "C:\PROGRA~1\WinRar\WinRAR.exe".

Now all is well in the world (cue the angels playing in the background)

thanks again!

donnyj

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2009, 02:23 »

update: I think you must have been "dealing" with .RARs that only had one file if the one file matched the ROM.

Why? because I have a big "junk pile" that I keep that contains old or unmatched ROMs. I just rebuilt from it yesterday and had several hundred hits. Since I didn't have WinRAR defined, I just attempted to rebuild from the pile again but they were are all removed yesterday.

This is probably why I didn't notice the "new" (but not) problem until I started getting these 2-file RARs where only 1 file matched.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.0.10 Firefox 3.0.10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2009, 06:31 »

well, yeah, your problem was the not correctly defined path to your rar program....unfortunalety cmpro needs to use an external program for rar add/delete operations....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.

anything