EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated to 4.048 - seems to crash when looking for unknown sets/unneeded?  (Read 5720 times)

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 119.0 Firefox 119.0
    • View Profile

Cache was cleared, clrmamepro went through loading from the executable.  When selecting to scan, it stops on my BIOS_3dobios folder and crashes.

Is there something we need to manually clear?
« Last Edit: 29 October 2023, 07:38 by mjmattson3170 »

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I allowed clrmamepro to update itself.   Looking at the files in the saved download file, it looks like files did update in my clrmempro folder.

It appears to be failing on the initial check for unknown sets.

Not sure what happened as the prior 4.047b did not have this issue and would successfully scan to completion other than wanting to delete the new sample sets for mame 0.260.

I attached a screenshot of the dialog where it quickly hangs and then the entire application crashes.  The cmpro.log is also empty so I cannot look to see if there is an error reported to try to address.

Hopefully this helps.   Please let me know if you need any additional information.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2023, 07:36 by mjmattson3170 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 118.0.0.0 Chrome 118.0.0.0
    • View Profile

hmm...doesn't happen for me....I will do further checks.

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Software list scans are perfectly fine.  I can just no longer run a scan for MAME using my Mame profile.  I cleared the cache and reloaded it, but that did not help.

Note that Miss List and Have List complete and write files.  I just cannot perform a New Scan or Scan (Diff Scan is greyed out since it is a first scan).

Update - I have a full backup of my prior clrmamepro folder.  I deleted the upgraded 4.048 version folder and copied the entire backup folder for 4.047 in its place.   Started it up and did a full scan with no problems (apart from it wanting to delete samples.zip) for the new samples.  I then disabled all antivirus and upgraded it to 4.048.  Crashed when doing the initial check as detailed above.  I wish I could see a log entry for what might be causing the crash with the updated version.  Mame files and folders have not changed.

« Last Edit: 29 October 2023, 08:51 by mjmattson3170 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Found it....

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

That looks to have fixed the MAME scan.

I reran all the software list scans with the new version and now have reported missing CHDs for "Fujitsu FM Town CD-ROMs",  "MSX1 cassettes", and "MSX disk images".  The files I have seem to match those available on pleasuredome github, so trying to figure out what is different, if anything.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

The crash was more related to the samples fix and not unneeded...so....sounds a bit weird that software lists are affected.
Do you have an example which fm town set is affected?

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

In the FMTowns_CD, the tool is asking me to delete "deep (japan).chd" as unneeded.  Also, flashback (japan).chd, kiwame (japan).chd, and that's toukou - natsu no tokushuugou(japan).chd.

The MSX1_cass and MSX1_flop also wants to do renaming and removing of unneeded files.

Example:
MSX1_cass wants to rename mandragore to mandragr and wants to remove akalabeth.zip (this is two of many other reported issues)
MSX1_flop wants to remove 10progor.zip and says bswriter is missing (this is two of many other reported issues)

Software list all completed with 4.047b and 4.048.  This just started on these three systems with 4.048a.
« Last Edit: 29 October 2023, 18:41 by mjmattson3170 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

can you do a "chdman info" on e.g. kiwame

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME>chdman info -i "E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms software list\CHDs\fmtowns_cd\kiwame\kiwame
 (japan).chd"
chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.260 (mame0260)
Input file:   E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms software list\CHDs\fmtowns_cd\kiwame\kiwame (japan).chd
File Version: 5
Logical size: 10,653,696 bytes
Hunk Size:    19,584 bytes
Total Hunks:  544
Unit Size:    2,448 bytes
Total Units:  4,352
Compression:  cdlz (CD LZMA), cdzl (CD Deflate), cdfl (CD FLAC)
CHD size:     593,348 bytes
Ratio:        5.6%
SHA1:         03237f11476eb1c4d2acc8075507ef64ebc9fae1
Data SHA1:    bbac0170e5daba6e9f9e88fb22894718ad3b7be4
Metadata:     Tag='CHT2'  Index=0  Length=91 bytes
              TRACK:1 TYPE:MODE1_RAW SUBTYPE:NONE FRAMES:4350 PREGAP:0 PGT

E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME>

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

well yes that looks ok, however some questions:
Do you use a single profile for fm towns or an all-in-one scan, which merge mode, how are the rompaths organized (more than one for fm towns?)

Maybe some other tasks are actively accessing the files during the scan and simply blocked cmpro's read...
since I heard that generally there is no problem when scanning such files

Maybe you can send me your cmpro.ini and the belonging .cmp file from cmpro's settings folder for your used profile.

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I use individual profiles for FM towns, one in a software list CHD folder (fmtown_cd) and in a software list Roms folder (fmtowns_cd, xxx_flow_cracked, xxx_flop_misc, xxx_flop_orig).

I DO have both rom_paths added in the FMTowns_cd profile (the software list CHD path and software list Roms path).   I tried to split them once or move them to either the CHD or ROMS folders I have for software lists, but it complained and it did seem odd to me that there is a set in each when you download them.   Is there a recommended setup for fmtowns_cd?

Also, the MSX1 systems listed are also an issue (MSX1_flop, MSX1_cass).

Merge mode is merged.

There should be no other tasks.  4.047 will scan them and complain only about the samples.  The 4.048x wants to do all the renaming or removing of these systems.

I added a zip with the requested files.   Let me know if there is anything else you need.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2023, 08:18 by mjmattson3170 »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

"4.047 will scan them and complain only about the samples.  The 4.048x wants to do all the renaming or removing of these systems"

this is interesting since the only change from 4.047b to 4.048b is actually
- the delta chd stuff....but that only checks the chd files for is/isn't delta and prints out warning, so the "missing"/"unneeded" part is not affected
- the "samples" unneeded issue...well..that only handles a weird scenario since "samples" is also a rom/sample/chd less device in MAME....

anyhow...thanks for the files, I will do further tests

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

I've used your config and can't repeat your problem.
Do you have some kiwame folder in both of your rompaths? kiwame itself doesn't use any roms, so there shouldn't be anything kiwame related besides the folder with the chd.

Did you clean the cache or can you setup a new profile for fmtowns for a different rompath where you only have the kiwame folder with the chd?

I also wonder why only some chds are listed..especially only ones which were updated lately (260)....

Also go to Scanner->Hash & CHD Settings and check if all "Available Regions" are enabled in the middle section (especially the "cdrom" one without a number)
« Last Edit: 30 October 2023, 15:52 by Roman »

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

OK, I think I solved the problem.   I deleted the fmtowns_cd and MSX1 sets that were acting up from the profiler and dragged the hashes from MAME 0.260 into the profiler and recreated new profiles for those three.   Scans are OK now.   I had to replace a number of CHDs from my backup for fmtowns that somehow had been removed in trying the different versions.

This is really odd as I delete all old hashes from the MAME install hash folder prior to installing a new version (so I am sure I have updated hashes) and then drag the new hashes to CLRMAME Pro profiler to update and do a rescan on all.   For some reason, something happened to those three system profiles and caused the weirdness.   Once recreated, all is as expected.

Sorry for the wild goose chase on this last issue.  I would not have expected that on just three of all the systems for no apparent reason.   Strange.  All good now.

Thank you Roman for fixing the other issues, your time and effort is appreciated!

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 17.1 Safari 17.1
    • View Profile

You‘re welcome
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.

anything
anything