clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

rebuilder 0.05 released

<< < (2/6) > >>

Roman:

--- Quote from: haynor666 on 16 April 2023, 13:21 ---Thanks for new version. I'm in process of rebuilding whole MAME 253 set without CHDs from fully extracted archives into separated directories.

Extracted files are placed on M.2 disk, destination will be Seagate SV35 3TB disk (not too fast but at the moment I don'r have extra SSD for destination). Let see how long it will take on Core i5 10600KF and 16 GB RAM versus standard clrmamepro :)

--- End quote ---

Generally the speed should be way faster than cmpro since the rebuilder is capable of copying sets directly (if they are ready for it). It may look slower on the first glance since scanning the source takes a bit while old cmpro took one file from the source and then rebuilt it when possible and so on....
Slowing down factors are: sha1 checks (without it, it flies, however you should know what you rebuild....crc32 collisions are not that uncommon), not setting a good temporary folders (in case unpack operations are necessary) and finally....solid 7z files sha1 enabled....this is a real crawler

But for example a sha1-less split zip-to-zip rebuild of let's say all NeoGeo sets is 18 seconds....fast enough I think......

haynor666:
I disabled SHA1 for tests. rebuilder is put on M.2 disk as well togehter with mame.XML file. About 8 mins took scan of whole roms folder. About 26 mins. took 10% of rebuilding.

Roman:
Don't forget, the new rebuilder rebuilds CHDS, too.....and multi gb chds can take a while to copy :-)  (ever tried it manually .... your system will be pretty busy)

I mean...rebuilding a complete collection is not the usual thing to do...but either way: It will be faster than before (surely you have to count in the chds copies)...not to mention the way way way modern c++ core etc..etc... with hardlinks you'd even be able to keep full and split sets without taking twice the amount of diskspace

haynor666:
CHDs are removed for now ;)

Target directory is on clean/formatted partition.

Roman:
hmm...all mechanial ones (3 chds, ~15k sets), old cmpro (without chds): 210 seconds, new rebuilder (with chds): 109 seconds...
(split, no sha1, zip2zip, hd to (different) hd)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version