EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All roms indicated as "wrong name" on new install of ClrMamePro?  (Read 2511 times)

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 106.0 Firefox 106.0
    • View Profile

Hi Roman, I just upgraded my laptop after about 10 years and made a copy of my 0.248 complete ROM set (including software lists).  I created a fresh install of clrmamepro, set up a mame.exe profile, set the rom paths similar to my old machine, and set up all the scanner options except I turned off all fix options just in case I did something incorrectly.

Well, when I choose to scan for MAME (no software list), all the roms are reported with errors - "wrong name".  For example:

10-Yard Fight (World, set 1) [folder: 10yard - size: 129kb]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-a-5c.5c [wrong: yf-a-5c.5c] [right: yard.1c]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-a-5d.5d [wrong: yf-a-5d.5d] [right: yard.1d]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-2p.2p [wrong: yf-b-2p.2p] [right: yard.2m]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-2r.2r [wrong: yf-b-2r.2r] [right: yard.2n]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-3l.3l [wrong: yf-b-3l.3l] [right: yard.2h]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5b.5b [wrong: yf-b-5b.5b] [right: yf-b.5b]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5c.5c [wrong: yf-b-5c.5c] [right: yf-b.5c]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5e.5e [wrong: yf-b-5e.5e] [right: yf-b.5e]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5f.5f [wrong: yf-b-5f.5f] [right: yf-b.5f]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5j.5j [wrong: yf-b-5j.5j] [right: yf-b.5j]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-b-5k.5k [wrong: yf-b-5k.5k] [right: yf-b.5k]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-s-1a.1a [wrong: yf-s-1a.1a] [right: yf-s.1a]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-s-1b.1b [wrong: yf-s-1b.1b] [right: yf-s.1b]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-s-3a.3a [wrong: yf-s-3a.3a] [right: yf-s.3a]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\10yard\yf-s-3b.3b [wrong: yf-s-3b.3b] [right: yf-s.3b]

18 Wheeler (set 1) [folder: 18w - size: 8kb]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\18w\18w_b2.rom2 [wrong: 18w_b2.rom2] [right: 18w_a2.rom2]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\18w\18w_b4.rom4 [wrong: 18w_b4.rom4] [right: 18w_a4.rom4]

1941: Counter Attack (World 900227) [folder: 1941 - size: 3mb]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\1941\41_23.13b [wrong: 41_23.13b] [right: 41_9.12b]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\1941\41_30.12c [wrong: 41_30.12c] [right: 41_18.11c]
wrong name: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\1941\41_31.13c [wrong: 41_31.13c] [right: 41_19.12c]
unneeded file: E:\Emulation\Emulators\MAME\roms\1941\41e_18.11c

I looked on my old machine with a completely up to date rom set (no errors) with mame .248 and the ROMS are identical to these on my new machine, and running a scan on the old machine is still clear.   I cannot see any difference between scanner settings.

Any ideas what might be doing this, unless my old machine was really not properly scanning the ROMS and they need fixing?   I just find it odd that it seems every rom is flagged with this same problem?

I expect that I should be able to run a scan and have no errors as I can on my old machine since nothing really has changed?

Thank you for any help.   

Matt

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 106.0.0.0 Chrome 106.0.0.0
    • View Profile

Due to the fresh install you might have some different (default) settings compared to the old installation.
On a quick first view it looks like you had different settings related to the interpretation of merge attributes in the datfile...

Profiler -> Options-> "Parse ROM 'merge' Tags" and Parse DISK 'merge' Tags

I think the current default is that both are enabled which makes sense while years ago I think only the chd one was ticked (because back then merge attributes were not that reliable).

With both ticked you will save a bit of diskspace (however when trying to fix the wrong names, you most likely also see unneded ones afterwards which can also be fixed.....it's all about identical roms in a parent/clone relationship with different names).
« Last Edit: 27 October 2022, 06:18 by Roman »

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 106.0 Firefox 106.0
    • View Profile

Looks like that was what caused that issue.

Right now, I updated to .249 and used the rebuilder.   

It seems that there are a lot of files with "wrong name", but the tool indicates that they were not fixed.  I have all the fix options selected.   Any idea why the tool will not fix the zip file by renaming and/or deleting extra files in the zip?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 107.0.0.0 Chrome 107.0.0.0
    • View Profile

actually no....fixing a wrong name or removing a file should simply do its job.

Maybe you've got special access rights on your folder? Maybe the files are somehow in use by other apps ....you said you copied them...so maybe you copied them with access rights used for the "other machine"...and this may be a problem now...but actually you could test that by manually trying to remove one of the copied files.

mjmattson3170

• Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 16.1 Safari 16.1
    • View Profile

It was a bit weird.   All I had to do was simply open the zip files that were throwing errors and close them.  After they, they scanned and the fix was auto applied.   Oh well, all seems ok now. 

Got it all moved, new mame and software list profiles set up and scannned. 

One quick question:   Is there a way to “apply” the merge, all fix, etc settings to all the software list profiles without having to open each one and manually selecting them?   I know I can batch mode scan and use the dialog there, I was just wondering if you can have the tool update all the profiles to always use merged sets and all fix options selected. 

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 107.0.0.0 Chrome 107.0.0.0
    • View Profile

The batch options are only set during the batch run, the single profiles' options aren't touched. So either you always batch-scan them....or you need to touch each profile somehow...maybe by modifyingthe single .cmp files - if you know what you're doing - with some texteditor macro...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.

anything