EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with clearmamepro  (Read 7173 times)

orsa99

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
Trouble with clearmamepro
« on: 20 February 2012, 20:01 »

Dear forumers,

i have some time this problem with the recent releases of the  clearmame
When i scan the roms (new scan), clearmame pro says: "do you want to add the missing ROM?" for dozen roms (4dwarrio,ad2083,alexkidd,alibaba,alpha1v, etc.) , but i don't have this roms in the roms directory.

If I type yes at the question, the roms are generated, but incompleted.

If i type 'no', the question returned to the next scansion.

What's the problem?

Giulio

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 17.0.963.56 Chrome 17.0.963.56
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with clearmamepro
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 20:06 »

Some terminology...
A set is a collection of roms. So e.g. pacman.zip is a pacman set which got several roms (the files within the archive).

If cmpro scans the sets and sees that one or more roms of a set is missing (e.g. if you fully miss the set), it checks if the rom can be found somewhere else ("fix missing" does this). So it looks in other sets, which may share the missing rom, in the backup folder, in setup addpaths. If a matching rom is found somewhere, it is added to the set. So of course if you did not have the set at all and cmpro only finds let's say 1 out of 9 roms from it, surely the set is incomplete....but the general work is intended. You need to find the other missing files yourself then.
There is an option though to remove incomplete sets afterwards. It's accessible via the scanner's context menu (so right click in the scanner tree window and select Delete -> ...)

orsa99

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2012, 12:16 »

Roman: thanks. I have selected “delete/all listed incomplete sets” from windows tree and i have deleted the incomplete roms from my roms directory.  After I have scanned without  ‘fix file’ option.
I have an question for you.  Is it possible  to scan and to fix   only roms (and clone)   that I have in the directory?
Giulio

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 17.0.963.56 Chrome 17.0.963.56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2012, 12:35 »

Generally cmpro works (scans/rebuilds/merges) on all sets listed in the used datfile/mame import.
If you only collect some sets you might be annoyed by several thousand messages regarding fully missing sets.

You got various options to prevent this:

- get a datfile which fits your needs and only lists the sets you got (well, an option but most likely not what you can do easily)

or

- you can go to scanner->set information (the button bottom left in the scan tree window) and there you can enable/disable sets. You got options there to manually enable/disable sets, load a list of sets or use "select sets" which offers variables and regular expression usage to enable/disable sets....and there is also a button which enables the sets you got and disables the rest. The button action however only quick scans your rompaths for matching setnames and enables the belonging sets....so if your sets aren't correctly named, they won't be enabled.....guess you see the point here..

- and finally, the prefered method, ignore the fully missing set information and use the context menu entry to hide them (View->Hide Fully Missing sets). So the scan works on all sets (no matter if you got wrong named sets...they get fixed then) and afterwards you hide the stuff you don't want to see...

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.

anything