EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clrmamepro, mame, old roms  (Read 7508 times)

iluvgames

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
clrmamepro, mame, old roms
« on: 15 November 2011, 20:45 »

Hi, I need help reviving my mame. Here's the problem, i got almost the entire set of roms back in 2003. I recently upgrade my computer and decide to revive my mame. I download the latest mame 143.9 and now 144. I put all the roms in the rom folder and launched mame but a lot of games don't work. I did some research, ddl clrmamepro, latest dats, loaded it and ran a scan/fix on all the roms. i left everything in default..ie split-sets. I'm trying to play Samurai Shodown, i got the neogeo bios rom in rom folder, still not working. i redownload the roms also, still not work. What am i doing wrong? when i launched the SS game, it says i'm missing some files. I ran the rebuild from clrmamepro on the roms, still says missing files. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 15.0.874.120 Chrome 15.0.874.120
    • View Profile
Re: clrmamepro, mame, old roms
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2011, 00:04 »

well, look what cmpro's scanner tree output lists as missing...
if MAME says you're missing files you're missing files...
and these files are listed within cmpro's scanner output...either in the set itself, the parent set (if you're looking at a clone), the bios or -if needed- in a device.

so what file does MAME complain about?

Take a look what cmpro says about neogeo set...I'm pretty sure you don't have the latest one.....and of course use the MAME binary you're using for playing within cmpro's profiler to get the data from. Otherwise you don't compare apples with apples...
« Last Edit: 16 November 2011, 00:10 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 19 queries.