EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CMPro64 4.029b (2016-06-19) doesn't move chd from root to folder  (Read 4718 times)

DerEntwickler

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
    • View Profile

Hi Roman,

i am using Clrmamepro for many years and until now i never had problems. Now i want to rescan the Mame Software List CHD set. As you described in another post i understood the following:
If the CHDs are placed in the root of the rom-path Clrmamepro will create the required Subdirectories and moves the wrong placed CHD-files into the right directory. But this doesn't happen. Clrmamepro scans the files and tells me that the files are ok. The still remains in the root without moving to the destination folder.
What do i do wrong?
Please excuse my english, because it's not my motherlanguage.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.106 Chrome 51.0.2704.106
    • View Profile

Works fine here. So either you don't have all check/fix options enabled or your chd is not valid.
So....give me an example please (which files are you using, what are your settings?)

...or maybe you got Scanner->Scanner Advanced-> Misc Options / Allow CHDs in ROMPath root enabeld....this should be turned off
« Last Edit: 03 July 2016, 13:18 by Roman »

DerEntwickler

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 47.0 Firefox 47.0
    • View Profile

Hi Roman,

sometimes i have to say "Buy classes" :D. Your second hint was the solution.

Thanks alot

mimoluo

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 110.0.0.0 Chrome 110.0.0.0
    • View Profile

Just found this old topic reflecting the same issue happened nowadays.
wrong places of software list chds don't seem to be auto fixable even in version 4.047.

For some unknown reason the scan for the latest update (mamesl 0.251) screwed all the folders and moves all 2.5T data into the backup folder.

Since most of the SL roms are chd and there is no way to add them back by just dragging and dropping.  So I put the backup files in one of the SL rom-paths and hoping the scan to auto fix thier location, and fortunately the scan does not work as expected.

That is, same approach works for Arcade roms and chds.  but not for SL.

Any suggestion or solution would be appreciated.

or, a new feature that automatically moves the chd files to the right place would be nice.
« Last Edit: 19 February 2023, 17:30 by mimoluo »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

What is mamesl?
Sounds like some unofficial build which may produce a different output as the official one. Or it is a datfile which handles chd files differently.
There shouldn't be a problem with chds in official MAME .251 with or without software lists.
In general, if you place chds in a rompath root folder, the scanner (with all check/fix options enabled) detects wrong placed chds and moves them to their correct belonging (with subpath) path (don't allow chds on rompath root).
On the other hand, the all in one software list+mame mode isn't the best way to go since it's a pain to setup and usually takes way too long. Better use a single profiler per software list.

But of course, you can use the new rebuilder tool which is able to rebuild (or in that case move) chd files pretty quickly and supports MAME, MAME multi softwarelist and single software list mode out of the box.

Don‘t forget to name a concrete example which file was moved and how it was stored before. Best is to send over cmpro.ini, the settings cmp file for the used profile and the datfile (if no direct exe import) which was used. 4.047 had no relevant changes for the scanner at all.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2023, 05:45 by Roman »

mimoluo

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 111.0.0.0 Chrome 111.0.0.0
    • View Profile

Thanks for the tips.
This is how I solve the problem with the rebuilder.

for /d %%i in (o:\ROMs\MAMESL\*) do (
  @echo %%~nxi
  @o:\emulator\clrmamepro\rebuilder.exe -i "o:\ROMs\backup\" -x o:\emulator\mame\hash\%%~nxi.xml -o "o:\ROMs\MAMESL\%%~nxi" -m full -r -d
)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Cool ;-)

By the way, since the rebuilder also understands a full -listsoftware mame xml file (mame.exe -listsoftware >252soft.xml) which includes all software lists (*) and automatically adds the software list name as a subfolder to the output path, you might even get rid of the for loop.

So you may end up with just:

rebuilder -x 252soft.xml -i o:\ROMs\backup -o o:\ROMs\MAMESL -m full -r -d

(*) not fully true, I guess -listsoftware still excludes some of the hash files in MAME's hash folder.....but haven't checked for years)
« Last Edit: 11 March 2023, 09:04 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.

anything
anything