EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to use ProgrettoSnaps MAME datfiles, running into some trouble  (Read 2347 times)

emuTaterBro

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 96.0 Firefox 96.0
    • View Profile

Trying to use some datfiles from here: https://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/MAME/ Specifically the 0.24, 0.26, 0.28, 0.31, 0.34b3, and 0.34 datfiles with no CRCs included.

Unfortunately I'm running into some issues. It claims tons and tons of files are unneeded, even though I can clearly see them in the datfile. I tried extracting to folders and it gives the same result. So my .zip files are not the problem here.

Attached a log from a 0.31 scan that shows many files that are claimed "unneeded" even though they are clearly in the datfile. Also attached the datfile, although they are also available on ProgrettoSnaps website.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 97.0.4692.71 Chrome 97.0.4692.71
    • View Profile

Dats without crc32 won't work...easy as that. You need a given hash value to identify roms. Besides of that, it's 2022 and the current MAME version is .239....there is really no need to collect MAME sets by old versions. It's fun to see old dats...but preservation wise there is no need.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2022, 20:41 by Roman »

AntoPISA

• EMULAB Friend
  • Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 92.0.4515.166 Chrome 92.0.4515.166
    • View Profile
    • progetto-SNAPS.net

Sorry, but because if you want to remake an old MAME set (I don't know for what purpose), don't you use the dat with the crc present in the same packages you downloaded?  Those without crc are only for demonstration purposes, since in those days, now very distant, MAME did not provide them (as it still does today for samples).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 19 queries.