General [English] > General

Newbie needs help (be nice)

<< < (2/2)

romimichal:
Does anyone here know?

Edit: Hidden link removed, if you do it again you will be banned forever!

registrationwala:

--- Quote from: johnsemple on 14 July 2011, 11:26 ---Hi folks. How are we all doing? I am hoping somebody can give me some guidance on how to use clrmamepro properly to update my roms? I have MAME version 0.140 complete (as far as I know) without icons and artwork and samples I think but I do have the roms and CHD'S) I have always struggled to figure out how to update my collecton properly because the tutorials on the website are a bit sketchy to say the least.

--- End quote ---

Hi there, I understand your frustration with using Clrmamepro. It's a powerful tool, but it can be a bit daunting to learn how to use it properly. I'm happy to help you get started.

First, make sure you have the latest version of Clrmamepro downloaded and installed. You can find the latest version on the Clrmamepro website.

Once you have Clrmamepro installed, open it and go to Preferences > Paths. Here, you will need to set the paths to your ROMs, CHDs, and DAT files. The DAT files are what tell Clrmamepro which ROMs are needed for each game. You can find DAT files on the Clrmamepro website or online.

Once you have set the paths, go to Scan > Roms and Sets. This will scan your ROMs and CHDs and tell Clrmamepro which games you have.

Once the scan is complete, go to Update > Rebuild. This will rebuild your ROM set and download any missing ROMs or CHDs.

Here are some additional tips for using Clrmamepro:

Use the Filter tab to filter the list of games by various criteria, such as genre, year, and manufacturer.

Use the Search bar to search for specific games.

Use the Right-click menu to perform various actions on games, such as renaming them, deleting them, and downloading their artwork and samples.

There are many other features in Clrmamepro, so be sure to explore the menus and documentation to learn more.

marshray48:
Everything has been provided by the moderator so I don't think any further explanation will be needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version