EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie needs help (be nice)  (Read 18468 times)

johnsemple

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
Newbie needs help (be nice)
« on: 14 July 2011, 11:26 »

Hi folks. How are we all doing? I am hoping somebody can give me some guidance on how to use clrmamepro properly to update my roms? I have MAME version 0.140 complete (as far as I know) without icons and artwork and samples I think but I do have the roms and CHD'S) I have always struggled to figure out how to update my collecton properly because the tutorials on the website are a bit sketchy to say the least.

oxyandy

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 5.0 Firefox 5.0
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie needs help (be nice)
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2011, 13:34 »

This guide has been updated a bit, cause CMP has since been updated..
So ignore any 'advanced' settings which show in pics..
Excuse some of the text doesn't exactly match the pics.
The text should still help a newbie get a good idea how to get started.

John, this should help you out.

If you wish to update your older or incomplete ROM set to the latest
You will need the following tools:

Get the MAME ROMs DAT from Rom Manager DAT files
Get ClrMamePro from ClrMamePro Home Page
Get TorrentZip from here

Open CMP and load the dat as above.

Double click the ""MAME 0.143 FULL ROM Set" and our dat file will be loaded ready.

Now click the "Settings" Button, You will see the window below

1. Click "Add" and browse to your folder with your partial or older rom set
After doing so you should see the path in the window as in 4

Now click the "Scanner" Button

You will see a window as below

1. Click the little + (Plus symbol)
You should now have a row of green ticks as pictured above. all fix options enabled.
2. Untick "Ask Before Fixing", you wont be prompted to do anything.
3. Click "New Scan", and let it run, do not stop the process.
It will scan for un-needed roms first and remove them to the CMP back-up folder.
After that it will rename zips, rename roms, add missing, etc etc
...in preparation for rebuilding.

Once complete, the statistics window will open, just click 'OK'.
You can now swap the little check box (as pictured above 4)
and the "Rebuilder" window will open.

1. "Removed Matched Sourcefiles", if you have this ticked any roms / zips which contain files which match the DAT file will be deleted, once added to the ROM folder, from the Source folder set in 3.

3. First I suggest, checking the backup folder of CMP's program folder for any possible missing roms.
There may be none.
If you don't have any other folders with possible matching roms then you are ready to TorrentZip now.
Otherwise, if you have any other folders which have possible matching roms, then you can use the "Rebuilder" to scan those folders too.
Beware of "Remove Matched Soucefiles" (1.) if you don't want the files deleted from the 'Source' folder.
4. "Rebuild" button, that starts the process.
5. "Recompress Files" leave this unticked. we will be TorrentZipping later, so unticked is faster.
Now you have removed excess files, renamed and added any available possible ROMs
it is time to TorrentZip

Using TorrentZip.
Torrentzip can be used several ways.
Way 1.
Open an Explorer window which shows your rom folder, drag the folder with your roms and drop onto trrntzip.exe
I have never used this method above, I use Way 2
Way 2.
Right Click trrntzip.exe, then create a shortcut, 'cut' that created shortcut and 'paste' into windows "Send To" folder.

I use XP. so I have pictured an example "Send To" folder below.

Now you can Right Click your ROMs folder and select 'Send To', Torrent Zip
if done correctly you will now have the option.

Now you still need to find and join a ROM set torrent.
Point the torrents download folder to your ROMs folder you just cleaned up and let it hash check.
You should have a good % already complete.

Now with the CHDs,
Similar to above, but much faster,

And now you have CMP already set up,
Load the MAME DAT, set the folder the CHDs are in,
then use the Scanner in CMP with fix options ticked.
Allowing it to do what it needs.

Get the FULL CHD torrent,
point the torrent's download folder to your current
CHD folder and let it hash check.
Again, you should have a good % already complete.

« Last Edit: 28-01-2012, 15:09:09 by oxyandy »
Just noticed all screenshots are gone from this post, sorry
« Last Edit: 11 November 2013, 08:21 by oxyandy »

hornswoggle

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 9.0 MS Internet Explorer 9.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2011, 19:47 »

Great guide, thanks!

william009

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 111.0.0.0 Chrome 111.0.0.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2023, 08:15 »

Hi folks. How are we all doing? I am hoping somebody can give me some guidance on how to use clrmamepro properly to update my roms? I have MAME version 0.140 complete (as far as I know) without icons and artwork and samples I think but I do have the roms and CHD'S) I have always struggled to figure out how to update my collecton properly because the tutorials on the website are a bit sketchy to say the least.
Certainly, I'd be happy to help you with using clrmamepro to update your ROM collection. clrmamepro is a powerful tool that can help you manage your ROMs and ensure that they are compatible with your version of MAME.

To get started, you'll need to download and install clrmamepro. Once you've done that, you'll need to create a DAT file that describes your version of MAME and the ROMs that you have. You can either create this DAT file manually or use a tool like RomVault to generate it for you.

Once you have your DAT file, you can use clrmamepro to scan your ROMs and ensure that they are all correct and complete. If any ROMs are missing or outdated, clrmamepro will let you know and give you the option to download the missing files from a trusted source.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2023, 09:25 by AntoPISA »

snowyyy

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 112.0.0.0 Chrome 112.0.0.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 April 2023, 11:02 »

Hi there! I understand that you're looking for some guidance on how to properly use clrmamepro to update your roms for MAME. It can definitely be a bit confusing to navigate, especially with unclear tutorials. Have you tried looking for any other resources online, or reaching out to any MAME or clrmamepro communities for help? It might also be helpful to break down the specific issues or questions you're running into, so that someone can provide more targeted guidance.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2023, 06:13 by AntoPISA »

romimichal

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 114.0.0.0 Chrome 114.0.0.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 June 2023, 09:03 »

Does anyone here know?

Edit: Hidden link removed, if you do it again you will be banned forever!
« Last Edit: 15 June 2023, 12:44 by AntoPISA »

registrationwala

• Registrationwala
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 119.0.0.0 Chrome 119.0.0.0
    • View Profile
    • IRDA License
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2023, 06:42 »

Hi there, I understand your frustration with using Clrmamepro. It's a powerful tool, but it can be a bit daunting to learn how to use it properly. I'm happy to help you get started.

First, make sure you have the latest version of Clrmamepro downloaded and installed. You can find the latest version on the Clrmamepro website.

Once you have Clrmamepro installed, open it and go to Preferences > Paths. Here, you will need to set the paths to your ROMs, CHDs, and DAT files. The DAT files are what tell Clrmamepro which ROMs are needed for each game. You can find DAT files on the Clrmamepro website or online.

Once you have set the paths, go to Scan > Roms and Sets. This will scan your ROMs and CHDs and tell Clrmamepro which games you have.

Once the scan is complete, go to Update > Rebuild. This will rebuild your ROM set and download any missing ROMs or CHDs.

Here are some additional tips for using Clrmamepro:

Use the Filter tab to filter the list of games by various criteria, such as genre, year, and manufacturer.

Use the Search bar to search for specific games.

Use the Right-click menu to perform various actions on games, such as renaming them, deleting them, and downloading their artwork and samples.

There are many other features in Clrmamepro, so be sure to explore the menus and documentation to learn more.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2023, 13:47 by AntoPISA »

marshray48

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 120.0.0.0 Chrome 120.0.0.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 December 2023, 21:35 »

Everything has been provided by the moderator so I don't think any further explanation will be needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 19 queries.

anything