EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for ClrMAME  (Read 5626 times)

Vertix

• Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 5.0 Firefox 5.0
    • View Profile
Suggestions for ClrMAME
« on: 11 July 2011, 02:51 »

To whoever is building it...

A minor tweak like, when I don't have a profile loaded, instead of telling me to go there and load it, it could just ask me: "Profile not loaded, want to load one now?". Would speed up things a bit. ;D

And, one thing, that you should really implement: Better ZIP compression! Just level 9 compression is not enough, it could be better. I did my own little testing with 7-Zip's max Zip Deflate compression (Ultra, Deflate, 32KB, 258) - I get from 2% up to 6% smaller size. You might say, that it's nothing, but if you have 14GB of ROMs, or even more, then you could save up to 840MB or more HD space. It's not even that brutal compression, MAME still can read those Zips.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 12.0.742.112 Chrome 12.0.742.112
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for ClrMAME
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2011, 11:47 »

1) well, yes..that can be made

2) ziparchive class is used for internal zipping. 9 as highest is the best you can set there...actually, I guess the selector can be removed since in our days, noone can really complain about compression taking too long when set to a higher value. If you want additional better compression, you can use zipmax to reduce sizes outside of cmpro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.

anything