EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange things happening with some new System Paths in MAME  (Read 2832 times)

guynoirnpr

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 80.0.3987.132 Chrome 80.0.3987.132
    • View Profile

I have been updating my MAME files using clrmamepro. For the last two versions of the DAT 0.218 and 0.219 I have gotten strange results with new paths added by the DAT.

Some of the paths; specifically bbc_flop_68000, spectrum_cart, sv318_flop, and others have problems. What happens is that when you enable the path to those directories with ROMS in them, clrmamepro goes through and deletes those directories and ROMS. If you disable those paths the directories remain but clrmamepro doesn't see the ROMS. It is very strange.

I have checked the SHA1s of all the files and they are correct. Even if it found those wrong should it have removed the directory?

I am on the latest version of clrmampro 4.036a.

By the way, your nightly downloads topic is out of date by over two years. I assume you are no longer doing nightlies.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2020, 18:47 by guynoirnpr »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
Re: Strange things happening with some new System Paths in MAME
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2020, 21:04 »

the latest nightly is from march 8th 2020.
for your path problems I need more info...turn off the fix options and let me know what the scanner tree says

guynoirnpr

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 80.0.3987.132 Chrome 80.0.3987.132
    • View Profile
Re: Strange things happening with some new System Paths in MAME
« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2020, 06:44 »

the latest nightly is from march 8th 2020.
for your path problems I need more info...turn off the fix options and let me know what the scanner tree says

Boy am I embarrassed  for not looking at the date on the download instead of the date of the post.

Yes the fortnightly release seems to have fixed the problem. It created a new path for one of the problem paths, and the others seem to be working correctly now. Thanks for all your work.

« Last Edit: 20 March 2020, 06:45 by guynoirnpr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.

anything