clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

Strange issue with No-Intro DATs

(1/2) > >>

manic23:
I use CLRMame Pro mainly for updating my No-Intro sets.I have started noticing a strange issue. I am using the latest version (4.036a), this is what's happening.

I open the DAT in CMP then go to settings and set the ROM and ADD paths. I then go to Scanner and tick all the options to repair/change. I do a scan of my ROM path, but if there is a missing ROM in the ADD path that does not match the name in the DAT it does not rebuild the ROM even though the CRC32 hash is correct, so its the correct ROM but it does not rebuild it. I have to manually change the name of the ROM for it to rebuild it to the ROM path.

I'm sure I never used to have this issue.  Any ideas?

I thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Roman:
The scanner is not the rebuilder.
Scanner's fix missing looks for missing files (in the addpaths, backupfolder and rompaths) but it does not look into each set there. It looks in sets which are named identically to the one which is missing files. It also looks in a possible parent and its clones.
There is a scanner advanced option which allows fix missing to look at all files but it will slow down the process.

The rebuilder on the other hand runs over all given files (drag'n drop / source folder) and recreates/adds anything it finds (by hash compare), no matter what it is named.

manic23:
Thanks for the reply, yes I have been using the re-builder, but I'm sure in the past the scanner used to fix based on hash check. I do actually already have the option you mentioned turned on (see image) but it's still not checking. It's no major biggie just wanted to check.

manic23:
Ah wait a sec, I think you mean here don't you? I've not seen this screen before. I think that is where I'm going wrong!

Roman:
I was talking about Scanner -> Advanced ->Deeper check for fixable missing files.
But as I said, there is actually no need to turn it on, since the rebuilder (which acts like an adder) does its job better..

If your file is not being rebuilt then:

1) hash + size does not match the ones in the used datfile
or
2) you did not enable the set

So...maybe you should send me the files (dat + set) in question and I can have a look

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version