EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wonder if clrmame can combine roms for MAME / PinMAME in two locations  (Read 2708 times)

john iv

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 80.0.3955.0 Chrome 80.0.3955.0
    • View Profile

Hi Roman, I'm getting into Visual Pinball again after 6 years, laugh.  I'm looking at clrmame to help with ROM usage, I wonder if it can keep unique pinmame roms in one location and leave mame roms used in both in another.  To explain:

c:\mame\roms
c:\vp\roms

\mame\roms has a lot of the pinmame roms already, I want that to remain where it is so I get a perfect result w/ a scan of mame.exe.
\vp\roms is missing about half of vpmame.exe's supported roms.

I have rebuilt vpmame.exe's roms from \mame\roms into \vp\roms.  So I now have of course unwanted duplication between the two directories.  I can easily have vpmame use its ROM paths to draw from \mame\roms and \vp\roms.

So the question.  Can I have clrmame somehow create *unique* to pinmame roms in the \vp\roms directory while also recognizing the shared roms in \mame\roms so I can get a 100% scan result for pinmame between the two directories.  Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: 07 November 2019, 18:23 by john iv »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 78.0.3904.87 Chrome 78.0.3904.87
    • View Profile

hmmm...interesting...

coming from visual pinball....then of course everything in c:\mame\roms which is not shared becomes unneeded, since it simply does not belong to vp....
and vice versa everything unique to vp will become unneeded for mame...

so currently I only see a chance in somehow build a custom datfile......

I wonder what happens when you setup a profile coming from vp and simply adding the mame rompath and keeping unneeded check disabled...but still fixing might become a problem since cmpro can't really decide where to add/fix sets (usually it does it in-place but when it comes to new archives it takes the first rompath).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.

anything