clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

strange 1g1r behavior selecting unneeded

(1/3) > >>

unknownbeef:
I'm using 1g1r mode to trim my SNES collection, and noticed something strange:

-I've selected USA as the only region.
-My set contains "Mortal Kombat (USA)" but is missing "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)"
-In 1g1r mode, clrmamepro wants to delete "Mortal Kombat (USA)" as unneeded, even though "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" is missing
-If I proceed with fixing unneeded files, I end up with no copy of Mortal Kombat
-This happens even if I add EUR as an alternate, second region
-The regular scanner mode (non-1g1r) shows my copy of "Mortal Kombat (USA)" as good and "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" as missing, as expected.
Here are the relevant entries from the p/clone xml:

--- Code: ---<game name="Mortal Kombat (USA)" cloneof="Mortal Kombat (Europe) (Rev 1)">
<description>Mortal Kombat (USA)</description>
<rom name="Mortal Kombat (USA).sfc" size="2097152" crc="def42945" md5="0934878bb5ef33f25c1fcaba18a1105b" sha1="c6ded5b8bca1716a2dddfdc697b31f085aaa05d0" status="verified"/>
</game>
<game name="Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" cloneof="Mortal Kombat (Europe) (Rev 1)">
<description>Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)</description>
<release name="Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" region="USA"/>
<rom name="Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1).sfc" size="2097152" crc="7ca113c9" md5="3ca4ba9c14827abfa0d047151bc86634" sha1="cf1c70c368da2a5a38771465137d7ab243b16335" status="verified"/>
</game>
--- End code ---

Scanner mode (you can see both in "set information"):

1g1r mode ("Mortal Kombat (USA)" disappears from the set information list):

1g1r mode (all copies of "Mortal Kombat" from all regions get marked as unneeded, even though I don't have "Mortal Kombat (USA) (rev 1)"):

Roman:
well, Logiqx's 1G1R algorithm hasn't changed for about 10 years....and maybe you hit a sideeffect of it now...
If the algorithm removes the set ("1g1r mode ("Mortal Kombat (USA)" disappears from the set information list)") it's clear that they will be removed as unneeded.

So it would be useful if you can provide the full datfile and maybe the belonging profile (*.cmp file in cmpro's settings folder) and your cmpro.ini file

then I can check what the algorithm does in this case

unknownbeef:
Here they are. Thanks for looking!

Roman:
Thanks, I will have a look at it over the weekend

Roman:
ok...had a quick look....nothing really wrong here.

The 1g1r algorithm prefers "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" over "Mortal Kombat (USA)", so for the all of the MK sets, the following will survive:

Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)
Mortal Kombat 3 (USA)
Mortal Kombat II (USA) (Rev 1)

"clrmamepro wants to delete "Mortal Kombat (USA)" as unneeded, even though "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" is missing"

of course, since now "Mortal Kombat (USA)" was dropped from the 1g1r algorithm and everything not in the dat is marked as unneeded. The fact that you don't have "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" is completely irrelavant in this context.

So we end up with two things:

1) of course you can wonder why the 1g1r algorithm picks "Mortal Kombat (USA) (Rev 1)" over "Mortal Kombat (USA)". Good question....the answer can be found in the datfile: "Mortal Kombat (USA)" is missing a release element like release name="Mortal Kombat (USA)" region="USA" for example.
So...it's a flaw (maybe wanted) in the datfile

2) The fact that you got missing sets. Well, as stated, there is nothing in the 1g1r selection which prefers one set over the other just because you have a set or miss another. The algorithm works on the datfile definitions, not actual files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version