EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cmp can't update bin/cues  (Read 8038 times)

TronGuy

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
cmp can't update bin/cues
« on: 04 January 2011, 09:25 »

Hello, i have a problem updating bin/cue images from redump. i have my images in t7z and when they need renaming it also needs new cues. so when i download the cues the scanner doesnt update the 7z at all. i have checked the fix missing button. i tried different methods like having all cues in one folder or keeping them in zip or just copy them inside the sets. but it doesnt work at all. am i doing something wrong or cmp doesnt support bin/cues?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 8.0.552.224 Chrome 8.0.552.224
    • View Profile
Re: cmp can't update bin/cues
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2011, 09:37 »

*Solid* 7z archives can't be updated/changed.
Why do you expect "Fix missing" to solve wrong named files? Fix name does this...
(Official) Zip only supports file sizes up to 4GB.

So...maybe some more details from your side (like what is stored where, what do you expect to get fixed, any error messages?) helps me to give a better reply...

TronGuy

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2011, 09:06 »

i am sure i do everything right, i have selected the rom path and add path and ticked all fixes. but maybe it is what you said the solid 7z. i guess i have to use the rebuilder every time. anyway thank you.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: cmp can't update bin/cues [update]
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2011, 10:02 »

Which version of 7z are you using and did you change the 7z settings in cmpro's settings/Compressor/7z?

They are set to not use any solid compressing...so actually if you used this to create the 7z they should work fine when being altered from within the scanner. If your 7zs come from a different source, they are most likely solid...
...but maybe 7z 9.x allows some altering of solid archives...will do some tests

...or is it a general issue with 7z files for you? maybe you can test it with some self-made small 7zs and a modified dat?

update...not a general thing....tested it with non-solid files and renaming inside 7z archives works fine

and another update...I tested a small but fully solid archive and renaming inside works fine, too (with 7z 9.20)....so which version are you using and maybe you can somehow provide me access to the files which cause issues?!
« Last Edit: 05 January 2011, 11:21 by Roman »

TronGuy

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2011, 17:11 »

its not the renaming the problem, its the cues. it doesnt copy the cues inside the 7z. and i use 7z 9.20 and t7z.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2011, 19:07 »

How do you want them to be copied in the archive?
Are you using the rebuilder? Or fix-missing in the scanner?
Please give me some details....

TronGuy

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2011, 08:27 »

sorry it took me some time to answer i got a little busy, anyway here is thing. i have t7z archives of bin/cue images. inside the 7z there is 2 files a bin and a cue. when the image needs to be renamed the cue is deleted and needs to be replaced with another cue. renamed cues have different hashes so its normal. i can use the rebuldier to update my set but i was hoping i dont have to do that, i dont much spare space and it greatly fragments my hard drive. so can i use only the scanner to update? the renamed 7z files only have the bin inside and i need cmp to put the cue inside too. thats my queston an sorry if i'm being annoying  :)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 8.0.552.237 Chrome 8.0.552.237
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 January 2011, 19:52 »

So let's see...
you got an archive with an iso and a cur file where -due to a datfile update- the cue file becomes unneeded (different hash). So cmpro's unneeded check will remove it.

Then you got the correct cue file for it somewhere...and want that to be added to the 7z.

Well, there are 2 ways...

Scanner's fix missing:
This method mainly checks (besides your backup folder and other sets in your romfolder) the setup addpaths for files which are missing your rompaths. It looks there by a setname compare...so if you got the right cue file in an addpath, it needs to be in a folder or archive with the correct setname.

Rebuilder (which is also used when you drag'n drop files into the scan results tree window):
The rebuilder doesn't care about names. It takes anything you drop in (or got as rebuilder source). If it's an archive, it looks at each file inside it. It only compares hashes and if a hash is matched against anything in the currently loaded datfile, it adds the file to the given destination and uses the correct name there.
So basically, the rebuilder is an adder.

So...for your bin/cue file example: Either simply drag'n drop the right cue inside the scan tree window (rebuilder destination points to your collection / rompath or be sure you got the right cue in a correctly named folder in an addpath.

TronGuy

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Opera 9.80 Opera 9.80
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 January 2011, 12:58 »

ok thanks a lot for your help
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.

anything