EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help trimming down roms down to English only.  (Read 3359 times)

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile

I'm trying to trim down my PS1 and PS2 games using the datfiles over at redump.org.  Their datfiles list every game from every region.  I was wondering if their was a way I could use their datfiles but possibly change some settings in clrmamepro to allow me to filter out only the games that have English language in them and also filter out any duplicates.  Thank you.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile
Re: Need some help trimming down roms down to English only.
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2018, 07:46 »

Unfortunately the mentioned datfiles don't have region specific elements, so you can't simply use the region/language selector to select the sets you need.
So the only chance is to enable english only sets in the SetInformation dialog (Scanner->Scan Results Tree -> SetInformation button).
Go there, and enter in the select sets input box an appropriate expression (+ Apply Button to set it)

For example %d=*USA*;%d=*(En*

Which enables sets which got either "USA" or "(En" in their set descriptions.

Clutz450

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.109 Chrome 65.0.3325.109
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2018, 14:41 »

Thanks for your reply.  I think I found something that will help me out.  It's called redump splitter and can be found here (http://romshepherd.com/index.php/topic,4990.0.html).  Basically it takes the current PSX Redump datfile and I can choose English Language and it will create a new datfile for me.  Then I can load that datfile into clrmamepro which theoretically should now only find the games that have English language in them.  Here's where I need your help again.  With this new filtered datfile, I would like to scan my currently directory of all my PSX games and move from that folder all the English language games I to a new folder.  I am thinking I want to use the rebuild option for this.  However, I dont want to compress the roms and I want each game in it's own folder.  So what I am thinking is that I need to uncheck Compress files, uncheck Recompress Files, and check Remove Matched Sourcefiles.  If my way of thinking is correct, it will move all the PSX games that have English language  into the new folder I selected, uncompressed with each game in it's own folder, and delete the games that it matches from the original location.  Does that sound correct?  I'm going to wait for your reply because I dont want to waste time doing something that doesn't work the way I want it to.  Thanks again for your help.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2018, 18:00 »

sounds perfectly correct
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 19 queries.

anything