EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: progettosnaps 0.192 flyer.zip and compression  (Read 4398 times)

digibanger

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 59.0 Firefox 59.0
    • View Profile
progettosnaps 0.192 flyer.zip and compression
« on: 28 March 2018, 14:21 »

Hi, I have been using a dat to sort my 0.192 progettosnaps flyers archive, the size of the 'flyers.zip' is about 6.5GB.

When I'm rebuliding or scanning it often crashes my computer (possibly due to the large zip archive size?), and in the process corrupting the flyers.zip when it does crash.
With this current version (0.192) I have been unable to complete a scan without it crashing and corrupting every time.

I was wondering if there's a way I can either scan without the files being compressed, or perhaps use zip parts to split up the load?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 65.0.3325.181 Chrome 65.0.3325.181
    • View Profile
Re: progettosnaps 0.192 flyer.zip and compression
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 18:34 »

Hmm....I didn't experience any crash...so would be interesting what is crashing.....any info available? Screenshots? Standard zip files are limited to < 4GB. Anything above is not standard zip (however zip64 is supported by cmpro). So you might want to use 7z instead.

On the other side you can of course use flyers decompressed as any other type of sets.
Keep in mind the official storing method: rompath\setname\file 1... file n for decompressed sets, and rompath\setname(.zip/.rar/.7z) for compressed ones.

Progretto flyer datfile holds only one set, named "flyers", and this set holds all single game flyer pngs...
so your setup can be something like:

F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers\flyers
where flyers holds the single files and F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers is your setup rompath

Generally for progetto sets you should disable fix-missing (this is a time killer)

f205v

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
    • EMMA dumping team
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2018, 18:34 »

Yes, you can keep the flyers files unzipped and scan them without problems.
I keep my "progettosnaps" collection fully unzipped and it works flawlessly.
-------------
ciao
f205v

digibanger

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2018, 20:41 »

Hmm....I didn't experience any crash...so would be interesting what is crashing.....any info available? Screenshots? Standard zip files are limited to < 4GB. Anything above is not standard zip (however zip64 is supported by cmpro). So you might want to use 7z instead.

On the other side you can of course use flyers decompressed as any other type of sets.
Keep in mind the official storing method: rompath\setname\file 1... file n for decompressed sets, and rompath\setname(.zip/.rar/.7z) for compressed ones.

Progretto flyer datfile holds only one set, named "flyers", and this set holds all single game flyer pngs...
so your setup can be something like:

F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers\flyers
where flyers holds the single files and F:\MAME\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Flyers is your setup rompath

Generally for progetto sets you should disable fix-missing (this is a time killer)

Hi thanks for the details, I get cmpro64.exe has stopped working (see attachment), then soon after my hard disk unmounts.

I only seem to have this issue happen when using clrmamepro, but I am thinking it's more likely something to do with the USB driver? Perhaps there is a high amount of data and the driver is not working properly?

I checked Event Viewer and it mentions DistributedCOM:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
 and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
 to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I then get two errors from DeviceSetupManager:
Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{40C479B2-F463-11E7-90CC-806E6F6E6963}'
Metadata staging failed, result=0x80070490 for container '{2E45ECBC-5F03-5806-B7E8-E05CF35BA3DE}'

these may be unrelated to the drive unmounting?

Then I get two Disk errors:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR3 during a paging operation.
Disk 3 has been surprise removed.

I have checked the hard drive many times (full surface scan) and no errors are found.

I have tried to get the flyers to work outside of the zip but I've never been able to get it to work, see attached animated gif.

I'm sure there's a detail I'm missing somewhere?
« Last Edit: 28 March 2018, 20:42 by digibanger »

digibanger

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2018, 21:59 »

After some further investigation the crash does seem related to an issue with a Windows USB driver.

So once I solve that I think I'd really just like to be able to scan and rebuild my flyers without them needing to be in a zip archive, I've read it's possible but I just can't seem to get it to work.
The previous GIF I attached hopefully makes sense?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 10.0 Safari 10.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2018, 05:44 »

there is nothing special about decompressed sets...read my first post again and made yourself clear about what a rompath is, what a setname is and what this means for your path setup. you are most likely using awrong rompath setup.

setname (defined in the datfile)=flyers
rompath = the parentfolder of flyers but keep in mind everything else in this path will be marked as unneeded since the only valid set is flyers....so I guess you have to rearrange some paths and add one level
« Last Edit: 29 March 2018, 05:48 by Roman »

digibanger

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2018, 07:27 »

Aha! Thank you, so I just needed to create another folder titled Flyers within the Flyers folder  ;D

The rebuild and scan is now working great for both, thanks very much for your time and this incredibly useful program  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.

anything