EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to mame, having issues scanning - bad system - default paths error  (Read 4173 times)

gladhandbart

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 57.0 Firefox 57.0
    • View Profile

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to update from the rom batch I downloaded using this tutorial:

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/30220-how-to-update-your-mame-romset-to-a-newer-version-with-clrmamepro/

I hit a snag and got a "Bad System-Default Paths" error upon trying to scan the updates. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 64.0.3282.167 Chrome 64.0.3282.167
    • View Profile

Can you be a bit more specific? A plain "Bad System-Default Paths" does not exist, so a screenshot might help?
Generally using system default paths is something more enhanced...a new user normally has to use them
« Last Edit: 21 February 2018, 18:10 by Roman »

gladhandbart

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 57.0 Firefox 57.0
    • View Profile

Hi,

Sorry, I'm still learning how everything works with the program. I am trying to update my romset from 0.185 to 0.194 for MameUI64. I was trying to use clrmamepro to scan everything and after I ran through the settings, I went to scan and ran into this:

I'm assuming the Software (lists) that I hit ok to may be a root of this issue. I want to play non-arcade (mess) games with mame if possible to simplify things. From what I read, that means I should have hit ok to the Software lists right?

Regards,
gladhandbart

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 64.0.3282.167 Chrome 64.0.3282.167
    • View Profile

First of all, as a beginner I strongly advice you to NOT include software lists. If you want to scan softwarelists, use them in their own profiles.
Secondly, the warning tells you what's wrong. In combined software list mode (which you should not use as a beginner, that's what the prompt tells you when you import data), you need to assign system default paths. And these paths need to be unique and distinct.

So, start over, import data from a MAME binary and answer the question about importing software lists at the end of the import with "no" ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 19 queries.

anything