EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something for hints & tricks section and usability suggestions  (Read 3363 times)

ArconEmu

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 57.0.2987.133 Chrome 57.0.2987.133
    • View Profile

Something for the hints and tricks section: When you use the "Profile List Includes All Subfolder Entries" option on the Profiles tree it has some welcome sideeffects. When you move the files from subfolders a level up or delete those subfolders afterwards, the tree will open up at the last loaded dat file again ... until you do another batch run, which will reset this ''feature".

Instead of closing all down to PROFILES root and you have to open it up again. I just stumbled over it by accident when trying out this feature to move more than one datfile at a time as the TOSEC directory setup was making me do by putting each dat into it's own directory. As usability enhancement I'd suggest that should be the default behaviour. The PROFILES tree should always reopen at the last loaded profile on filesystem actions like moving a DatFile or deleting a directory ... having to maually reopen the tree at the last location is kinda taking a bit ... which is about as fast (for me at least) to close CMP completely and restart it ... which also brings me to the last loaded DatFile ;)

Another usability suggestion is: How hard would it be to make the directory icons in the PROFILES pane change colour according to the contained subdirectories and datfiles?
Meaning, if all DatFiles in a directory are green, it would be nice to have the directory also in green. So we know, hey we don't need to look at this for now.
Same when none of the Dats are good. Make it red.
For the directory .. if some are red and some are green ... keep the yellow :)

The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol. (Larry Wall, creator of Perl)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Will check how easy it is to colorize the folders

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 58.0.3029.81 Chrome 58.0.3029.81
    • View Profile

seems to work ;-) see attachment

ArconEmu

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Nice! Not exactly like I thought, but it hits the spot.

Just what I was looking for.

Great Job!
The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol. (Larry Wall, creator of Perl)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.

anything
anything