EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem when scanning progetto-SNAPS snap and titles  (Read 7106 times)

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Linux (Fedora)) Linux (Fedora))
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 49.0 Firefox 49.0
    • View Profile
problem when scanning progetto-SNAPS snap and titles
« on: 30 October 2016, 23:02 »

Hello,
I believe something has gone south in my clrmamepro setup. I have added the new dats for 0.178 progetto-SNAPS snaps and titles, did a rebuild followed by a scan as usual. For some reason, clrmamepro is now listing all .pngs for both sets as missing, even though they do exist in the zip files. Any ideas why this might be happening? It's with 64-bit cmpro-4.031b running under wine.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.71 Chrome 54.0.2840.71
    • View Profile
Re: problem when scanning progetto-SNAPS snap and titles
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2016, 06:41 »

Hmm...I need some more details here about your setup. Let me know how your files are placed, if you want you can send me your cmpro.ini, the belonging .dat/.cmp files from cmpro's datfile/settings folder.

Theoretically Wine can be a problem. Try to use the latest available version. But if all files are listed it sounds more like a placement problem.

Generally progetto files can be scanned exactly the same way as roms for other emulators/collections.
All you need to know is how to store the files properly...and here the general rule applies:
rompath\setname\file1..filen for not compressed sets, rompath\setname.zip(.rar/.7z) for compressed ones.
So for example you have
F:\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Bosses\Bosses\3in1semi.png
where F:\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Bosses is the rompath, Bosses is the setname (coming from the belonging datfile) and the png file is actually one file in the set.
For compressed sets you got F:\Progetto\progetto-SNAPS - Bosses\Bosses.zip (.rar/.7z) where 3in1semi.png is then in the archive.

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2016, 06:50 »

Hi,

the same setup (paths, etc.) has been working fine as of 0.177. It even worked fine for the first rebuild and scan of 0.178. A few missing files were found so I tried to do another rebuild using backups folder which is when it broke.
I have ~/data/mame set as rompath (maps to Z:\home\julas\data\mame) and in that folder I have titles.zip and snap.zip
The files requested are attached.
« Last Edit: 31 October 2016, 06:53 by belegdol »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 October 2016, 08:15 »

Thanks, I will have a look at it later at home. You also got a screen shot of the scan results tree?
Snaps/Titles include software list pngs since some versions now...maybe you only miss those?

What you can test is to have a new zipfile in your rompath with just a few png files...and check if they are read correctly (while the others are listed as missing of course).

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 October 2016, 18:10 »

Ah....wait a second...titles and snaps do contain multiple sets now since are split up by software lists now...

So you got your "rompath", and in that rompath you got 3do_m2.zip, 32x.zip, etc... for compressed sets or folders 3do_m2, 32x, etc. for decompressed sets.

your_rompath_to_your_titles
 |- 3do_m3.zip
 |- 32x.zip
 |- a800.zip
etc..
etc...
« Last Edit: 31 October 2016, 18:11 by Roman »

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 October 2016, 18:12 »

So I created snap.zip with just bubbletr.png and to my surprise, when scanning, cmpro created a snap folder with bubbletrj.png during a scan.... so it somehow seems it got inadvertently switched to unzipped sets, which would explain why it found nothing when scanning the original snap.zip. On the other hand, bubbletr.png is in new snap.zip. Not sure what is going on. It's probably a PEBKAC but I am not sure where I made a mistake.

To multiple sets, I only have titles.zip and snap.zip since I don't care about others.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 October 2016, 18:28 »

"I only have titles.zip and snap.zip "

That's your problem...as explained in the previous post.
When the author added software list titles and snaps he added them as single sets within the tiltes/snap dats.
So for titles you will have multiple zipfiles now within your assigned rompath for titles (as shown before).
The rebuilder can do the job for you...but it's also easy to do it manually

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 October 2016, 18:31 »

I don't think so... The files like 32x.zip, neogeo.zip, etc. contain screenshots for the softlists. There is still snap.zip which contains the "main" snapshots.
The expected outcome of a scan would be that everything but snap.zip is missing.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 October 2016, 19:09 »

Absolutely correct....

So I've placed a titles.zip in the rompath and did a scan....and as expected all software lists are shown as missing and the titles one is not listed (since it's complete).

Works fine here....maybe the zipfile is somehow locked by a background task or something...or got corrupted (try to unzip it, remove the zip and rezip the files to a new archive).

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 October 2016, 19:16 »

I tried re-zipping but to no avail... Could the fact that for the test file scanner is creating unzipped folder while both merger and rebuilder create zips be a hint what is wrong?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2016, 19:24 »

Is it possible that you're using WINE under MacOS and recently updated to Sierra?

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2016, 19:26 »

No, I'm on Fedora 24 x86_64 using wine-1.9.20. It's 64 bit cmpro and 64 bit wine.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 October 2016, 19:33 »

Hmm...ok...well...I've tested it on an old Ubuntu and it worked fine....so...hard to say....could be a WINE related issue.

The scanner works with both, packed and unpacked. It does however try to find out what's the prefered method. It does a quick rompath lookup at startup and when it finds more zipfiles than folders it uses zipfiles (and similar for rar/7z etc). This method is then used during fixing.
You should not have zips and folders in your rompaths (for the same set), so maybe there is also a titles folder somewhere which is empty? It looks a bit that cmpro finds a folder for the titles somewhere, sees it is empty and doesn't even look further for existing files for that set. Maybe a hidden one?

Maybe some other Wine user can retest this....

....or you try to use a clean new rompath with a fresh new titles.zip in it....
....and check in scanner->setinformation (scan results tree bottom left button) if all sets are enabled...on the other hand the scanner wouldn't have created a tiles png then....
« Last Edit: 31 October 2016, 19:45 by Roman »

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 31 October 2016, 20:02 »

I tried a new rompath. I made a folder called 'test' and set it as rompath. While it has solved the fixing to folder issue (my previous rompath had more folders than zips), scanning the complete snap.zip results in no files found.
Just off the top of my head: the number of files in snap.zip is 36817... could it be that a signed int variable is overflowing somehow? I know it is random but I had an issue like this elsewhere and it took ages to figure out. I will test it by removing 4050 files and checking what happens.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 October 2016, 20:22 »

"my previous rompath had more folders than zips"

Why does it have any folders at all ?
As far as I understood you don't have the software list pngs...so your rompath to the progetto titles folder should contain 1 and only one file, no folders. Just the titles.zip...nothing else.

...and no...it does not have anything to do with integer overflows....

Since you say it worked in the past...well...what did change in between?
I guess: datfile updated, cmpro updated....wine updated?
« Last Edit: 31 October 2016, 20:24 by Roman »

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 October 2016, 21:47 »

It had folders because I had something like:
Code: [Select]
mame
|--roms
|--software
|--titles.zip
|--snap.zip
|--icons.zip
I know it is a highly peculiar set-up but it was working before and now it is not. Even more so, I changed it to something like:
Code: [Select]
mame
|--roms
|--software
|--test
   |--titles.zip
|--snap.zip
|--icons.zip
and the bug is still present. Scanner fixing issues no longer creates folders though
I did some more testing and found something super odd. I switched to unzipped mode and put one .png file into test/snap. I ran the scanner, and it offered a fix by adding two missing files. When the scan finished, 3 files were found. I then ran the scanner again. No fixes were found, but also no files were found at the end.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2016, 10:52 »

Regarding the fix oddity:
1st of all, not all pngs are unique. There are thousands of identical pngs in the progetto snaps which act as placeholder snapshots. Same pngs, same checksums, and fix missing looks at several places for a match (rompaths, backupfolders, addpaths, etc).
So it's nothing uncommon that a scan with fixmissing brings you some new files. There are also shared pngs between MAME's titles and neogeo softwarelist for example.

Your setup is not well chosen. Everything in a rompath which is not listed in the datfile is uneeeded. So in your first example if "MAME" is your rompath and you're sanning titles, all but 'titles' will be marked as unneeded (and gets removed) when the belonging options are enabled.
You don't directly run into this because you've disabled the set check....which is also not really recommended.

But anyway, all I can say at the moment is that a plain progetto titles setup with one rompath pointing to a folder where only titles.zip (and if you like the softwarelist zips) are put into works fine. On Windows 10 and on Ubuntu (16.04.1)/Wine (1.6.2).
I've also tried your ini/dat/cmp files on Ubuntu/Wine and it works as expected (screenshot added).

It sounds a bit like another WINE related issue...some versions have really weird sideeffect as you can read in this post... http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=4101.60
They resolved their issues by using Wine 1.9.19....my 1.6.2 works fine, too...soo...maybe you can try a new/older wine version.

belegdol

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 November 2016, 15:13 »

Hi,
I have updated wine, moved the zips into individual folders and enabled sets checking. This has fixed it, thanks for all your help!

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 54.0.2840.87 Chrome 54.0.2840.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 November 2016, 16:42 »

hurray ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.

anything
anything