EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clrmamepro doesn't notice that I'm missing namco51, namco53  (Read 4949 times)

bkendig

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 45.0 Firefox 45.0
    • View Profile

I'm running clrmamepro 4.028. I have a set of about 400 roms, non-merged. clrmamepro says they're all good, no missing files, no problems.

But there are several that I can't run in mame64 0.172 because of missing files. Galaga and Digdug, for example:

C:\Program Files\Mame>mame64 digdug
51xx.bin NOT FOUND (tried in digdug namco51)
53xx.bin NOT FOUND (tried in digdug namco53)
Fatal error: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run.

I obtained namco51.zip and namco53.zip and gave them to clrmamepro's rebuilder, but it skips them. In clrmamepro, I don't see any BIOS entries for Namco.

How do I get clrmamepro to notice that files are missing, and to start managing them?

bkendig

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
Re: clrmamepro doesn't notice that I'm missing namco51, namco53
« Reply #1 on: 02 April 2016, 13:25 »

Also, I notice that in clrmamepro's "Set Information", it doesn't show that galaga needs 51xx.bin or 53xx.bin, even though Mame needs them.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 April 2016, 16:26 »

you have enabled all systems in the systems dialog and all sets in sets information? and did a clean full scan with all check options enabled?

The namco5x sets are devices so be sure they are enabled in set-information, too.

Devices are only referenced in MAME's setdefinitions (while bios roms are included again as roms). That's why they (device roms) aren't listed as missing in e.g. galaga but only in the device set e.g. namco51
« Last Edit: 02 April 2016, 18:09 by Roman »

bkendig

• Operating System:
  • Mac OS X 10.11 Mac OS X 10.11
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2016, 19:43 »

Aha, thank you, I hadn't enabled all systems - I had clicked the "Available" button so that clrmamepro would only check the games that I had zipfiles for. (Because I don't want it complaining about games that I don't have zipfiles for.)

Is there anywhere in clrmamepro that it should tell me that a given game isn't playable unless I have its roms *and* a different set of roms for a device that it needs?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 50.0.2661.87 Chrome 50.0.2661.87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2016, 05:41 »

Well, most people don't limit the number of sets. So they don't even get in the situation of missing somehing.
The setinformation window does show referenced device roms with the latest version....and generally you can tick the checkboxes "incl. devices" before hitting "Avail. Sets". This will automatically include the needed devices in your selection, even if they are not available at that point in time. Similar for clones, parents, bios.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.

anything