EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carrying Over Disabled Sets  (Read 4569 times)

Elfo

• Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
Carrying Over Disabled Sets
« on: 19 October 2015, 11:41 »

Seeing as the DAT-O-MATIC doesn't have a parent/clone DAT for every system, I've taken to disabling certain ROMs in the "set information" for some of my systems. However, when a new DAT comes out and clrmamepro wants to use the same profile, it wipes this information and I have to go back and manually read through and try to disable the correct sets again.

Is there a way to carry over this information, so that if I update the DAT and it's recognized as being the same profile, it will keep disabled sets disabled? If not, may I request this feature?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.71 Chrome 46.0.2490.71
    • View Profile
Re: Carrying Over Disabled Sets
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2015, 11:56 »

Actually disabled sets should be taken over....;-) (or at least that's what I remember...hmm...or maybe I only take over ENABLED sets...)

do you have something inserted into set-information's screen "select sets" input field or got a screenshot available for that window?
Generally I will have a look at it of course...
« Last Edit: 19 October 2015, 11:57 by Roman »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2015, 19:46 »

ok I had a look at it. Correct, manually disabled sets are not taken over.
If you single click a set in that list, cmpro's settings file only holds index information about the enabled/disabled set, not its name. So restoring is only possible when you quit/restart cmpro with the same profile. Updating will reset this, since it's very likely that the index have changed.

But there is still a way to achieve what you want...
Either you can specify your selection in the "select sets" input field (supports regex/variables...that in combination with the "invert and initial invert" buttons should handle mostly everything. So you can for example select "%f=005;%f=yard;" plus invert/initial invert to disable 005 and yard.

...or...(if that edit box gets too messy...or too long)

Edit a textfile where you list the set names (1 set per line) which you want to exlude..for example

yard

Save this file somewhere, go to set information, browse for that file in "from file" and hit "load", then the listed files are enabled. Hit "invert" and the sets are disabled, since this invert action is a 1-time-only action, and you want to invert your selection all the time, you need to enabled "initial invert"....and you're done.

Both should survive a datfile update

Elfo

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 October 2015, 14:53 »

Thank you for looking in to this. This whole issue would be negated if Redump would just get off their butt an add parent/clone information already, I can deal with the odd No-Intro DAT without that information.

I tend not to use the edit box as I do several actions. For instance, I want all USA sets, but I don't want a lower revision if a higher revision exists (keep rev2 of a game but not rev1). This gets messy when some games are revA vs. rev2, and World vs. USA vs. USA, EUR, etc. Parent/clone would be so much better.

That aside, would it be possible to add a quick check on updating to detect the specific name and/or hash of a disabled set and keep it disabled in the new profile? Obviously clrmamepro can't read minds if the datters change too much info, but if a name is verbatim from one version to another would it be possible to keep these manual changes?

Alternatively, creating a textfile is rather manual. Could you maybe implement a quick routine to output all disabled sets to a readable file?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 October 2015, 14:57 »

regarding export: well, what you can do is to enable the sets you don't want (yeah..sounds stupid) and hit export...that will export a datfile holding only the enabled sets....of course this dat needs manual editing afterwards...
I think it should be easy for an upcoming version to provide a "copy selected/unselected sets to clipboard" option...

Regarding storing additional information like a hash or the name...depending on the dat this data can be rather big (ok..what's big these days)...the on/off checkbox information is currently stored (ok...it does this since decades) as a 0/1 sequence (or just ALL or NONE if everything is enabled/disabled)....and the rules like "select sets" or files are applied automatically....Currently I don't think I will touch that part again...it's not that widely used...and currently you got options to get around this....
« Last Edit: 20 October 2015, 15:09 by Roman »

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 October 2015, 20:09 »

ok, next version definetly got the copy2clipboard options for all sets, enabled sets, disabled sets, changed sets....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.

anything