EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: set archive or folder warnings  (Read 4522 times)

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
set archive or folder warnings
« on: 01 October 2015, 17:47 »

From time to time you might face one of the following errors:

"Set exists in various rompaths" ... well, here some manual work is needed, check if you got multiple instances of the archive in questions, move them to a temporary place and re-add them to your collection, e.g. by using the rebuilder (which moves it to the correct place).

"Set archive AND set folder exist in the same rompath", for non-chd sets you have a subfolder named after the set AND the rom archive (zip/rar/7z) somewhere...you can remove the folder (if you prefer archived sets)
For sets WITH chds, you should double check the chd subfolders. THere might be some non chd files in there which can be removed (since you most likely have them already in the archive, too)

TomJones

• Operating System:
  • Windows Server Home/Server 2003 Windows Server Home/Server 2003
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
Re: set archive or folder warnings
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2015, 05:35 »

Hello,
I am not sure if this issue is related to this thread or not.
I'm getting the scan error:
C:\MESSUI\roms\megatech
matches a BIOS-setname but contains archive files.
This causes problems with scanning.
You should rename it to prevent nested ROMPath-Subfolders.

I'm not sure what "it" refers to.
I do not see that I have any option to rename anything due to the data contained in the -listsoftware and -listxml files.
i'm using MESSUI 0.165 with CMpro 4.024 32-bit.
-listxml contains '<machine name="megatech" sourcefile="megatech.c" isbios="yes">'
This causes CMpro to create the file 'C:\MESSUI\roms\!Standard\megatech.zip' with 4 ROM files in it.

-listsoftware contains ''<softwarelist name="megatech" description="Sega MegaTech cartridges">'
This causes CMpro to create the folder 'C:\MESSUI\roms\!Standard\megatech' with 48 'mt_etc...' zip files in it.

I see quite plainly that CMpro is complaining about a BIOS zip file named megatech vs. an archive folder named megatech but, this is what the MESSUI -listsoftware and -listxml files direct CMpro to create.
Can you tell me please, how do I fix this issue?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 9.0 Safari 9.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2015, 07:17 »

hmmmm...Thats a warning from ancient cmpro days....I will double check if that test/warning is still needed.....

TomJones

• Operating System:
  • Windows Server Home/Server 2003 Windows Server Home/Server 2003
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 41.0 Firefox 41.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2015, 12:45 »

I'm using MESSUI 0.165 32-bit and CMpro 4.024 32-bit.
CMpro's data was created from the MESSUI binary.
Then I run "MESSUI -listxml >listxml.dat" and "MESSUI -listsoftware >listsoftware.dat" to get the ROM and software list data into readable files.

Each scan, I get 111 "various rompaths" errors similar to the this:
Set exists in various rompaths: C:\MESSUI\roms\xegs; C:\MESSUI\roms\!Standard\xegs.zip
The 111 errors pertain to only a subset of machines running from 32x to xegs.

Each one of these errors stems from a similar set of xml structures of which an example is shown here:

from the -listxml file.
<machine name="a1200xl" sourcefile="atari400.c" cloneof="a800" romof="a800">
<softwarelist name="xegs" status="original" />
This section is what causes the \roms\!Standard\xegs.zip ROMs zip file to be created.

from the -listsoftware
<softwarelist name="xegs" description="Atari XE Game System cartridges">
<software name="aceoface">
<software name="airball">
<software name="archon">
Etc...
This section is what causes the \roms\xegs software list folder to be created.

I did the very laborious process of setting each BIOS entry in the Systems dialog to \roms\!Standard\ and each SOFT entry in the Systems dialog to \roms\Name_of XML_File_in_HASH_Folder\
There are only 2 of the 111 "various rompaths" error items that are actually BIOS entries in the Systems dialog, "megatech" and "neogeo".
Of course, these 2 BIOS entries are what cause the 2 "matches a BIOS-setname" errors detailed in my previous submission above.
So, "megatech" and "neogeo" produce both the "matches a BIOS-setname" and the "various rompaths" errors.
The remaining 109 items produce only the "various rompaths" error.
Due to the structure of the xml data, it appears that the "various rompaths" errors are inescapable.
I followed instructions from your submission at the top of this thread.
I removed all 111 .zip files from the \roms\!Standard\ folder, rescanned, and all of the "various rompaths" errors were gone.
I rebuilt from the moved 111 .zip files and CMpro built all 111 .zip files right back into the \roms\!Standard\ folder.
I scanned again and all 111 "various rompaths" errors returned.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is the xegs.zip BIOS zip file supposed to end up in the \roms\xegs software list folder as opposed to the \roms\!Standard folder?
Does the scanner still scan all files correctly despite the numerous "various rompaths" errors?
And if so, is there a .ini or .xml configuration that makes it possible to turn off these "various rompaths" and "matches a BIOS-setname" errors or, must I (safely I hope) ignore them?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 45.0.2454.101 Chrome 45.0.2454.101
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2015, 18:02 »

There are 2 official methods how you can scan software lists (and MAME).

First method is to use one profile per software lists (which you can simply drag'n drop from MAME's hash folder). You can then use the batcher to scan all profiles sequentially.
Second method is that clrmamepro directly imports the data (MAME and software lists) from the MAME binary. If cmpro sees that the used binary supports software lists, it asks you after data import if you want to import software lists, too.
In this case you need to setup unique, distinct systemdefault paths per software list.
Then you should not run into such messages. Normally users prefer the 1 profile per software list method since it's simply a bit clearer and easier to handle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 19 queries.

anything