Undumped Wiki [English] > Undumped Wiki

Improvement Ideas

(1/4) > >>

s_bastian:
Here you are a list of ideas I would like to discuss with people contributing to the wiki:
- No dump / bad dump: how do we treat them? We ca easily generate a list of all roms actually flagged as nodump/baddump (I can do it with a simple query in the progettoemma database...) but how should it be structured? I was thinking about something like a page listing roms in this way:

--- Quote ---Game title - romset name
    -   romname    actual crc/nodump flag
    -   romname    ....

--- End quote ---
May other informations useful? Would you distinguish in separate lists nodumps and baddumps? I would keep them together so you must look in only one place....

- This kind of operation can be easily extended to laserdiscs, as they are flagged as nodumps CHD in the mame informations. Shall we do it?

- There is a similar issue with the famous non-existing samples (the ones cmpro green-light fanatics replaced with the fake files ;) but for these we have no actual way to do a autogenerated list. Shall we do it manually, to inform people MAME is missing these informations, in case someone with the hardware and a decent recorder can produce them, or should we simply ignore them?

Other advices? Ideas?

Osso:
I think the format you propose would work fine.
Laserdisc, floppy disk and whatever should be listed.
Samples aren't worth the work to me, but I've been always against them, so I'm not the best person to ask.

f205v:
I do subscribe to OSSO's position.
Everything is OK but samples.

s_bastian:
http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Capcom_Vs._SNK_Millennium_Fight_2000_(JPN,_USA,_EXP,_KOR,_AUS)

Accordingly to what we sait, there should have been no need to make this entry, since this game is already in MAME and will be included in the nodump list....

s_bastian:
http://www.progettoemma.net/baddump.php

first try. This is still unformatted and at present dynamically generated from the DB (that means heavy server payload). I will work on a way to generate this list every time MAME is updated, and to move this to the wiki in an automated way, as a static page.
At present, I decided to keep duplicate entries (eg, nodumps of parent roms for clone boards) because we actually don't know what a user can find, and if he find a "clone" board, he will be able to see if it is needed also to redump parent roms without having to check for all the parentship tree.
Any ideas on how ot improve this list? We can put in it any information present into the listxml infos, so don't be afraid to ask!!! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version