EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chd issues  (Read 4094 times)

ReadOnly

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0
    • View Profile
chd issues
« on: 23 January 2013, 13:44 »

1) it seems clrmame pro is reporting all CHD bad dumps as unneeded

2) when activating system default paths it seems I can no longer keep my current structure (/roms/ and /chd/ on different folders) because clrmame can not assign more than 1 path per system

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 24.0.1312.52 Chrome 24.0.1312.52
    • View Profile
Re: chd issues
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2013, 17:11 »

1) your assumption is wrong. baddumps in mame list the hashes of the bad dumps, i.e. you need the files which match these sha1/crc32 values while the status of the dump is still "bad". clrmame only marks files as unneeded which do not match any known sha1/crc32.
For chds, I guess you made the mistake to convert all chds to version 5...which isn't a good idea because the known baddumps will change their sha1/md5 when converting....and that's why they are not baddumps anymore but unneeded....
you should keep known bad_dump chds as version 4 chds.

2) a set is a combination of roms and/or samples and/or chds...so splitting chds from their belonging roms is not really a way to go...but that's still possible to setup in cmpro. However, system-default-paths' purpose is to split sets by bioses/devices/mechanical into one assigned path. So this is totally intended.

ReadOnly

• Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 18.0 Firefox 18.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2013, 21:24 »

1) ok but wouldn't it make more sense to mark them as bad/mismatching rather than unneeded and outright ask you to trash them, for someone who wouldn't be careful and click "yes to all" it is a complete disaster

2) having them separate is more convenient for my torrent use, one of the best features in clrmame is to have as many folders as you want, but at the same time I'd like to be able to discriminate the mechanical stuff for the same reason I discriminate chd, they may not be wanted/included in torrents

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 24.0.1312.52 Chrome 24.0.1312.52
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2013, 08:21 »

1) they are already marked as baddump in the database and if you got the baddumps available you don't see any message (which is intended) because the files do match the hashvalues provided by the database.
By converting the bad ones to chd version 5 you 'kill' them totally (and since the hashes are not matching anything anymore in the database, the files become unneeded)....which is a known fact since the new format encodes more meta information into the final hash value.
Do not convert bad_dump chds to v5. They need to get redumped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 20 queries.

anything