EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling 'Recompress Files' when rebuilding to 7z files  (Read 4604 times)

Starshadow

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
    • View Profile

I know this has been discussed before, and I know that the reason 'Recompress Files' is permanently enabled when rebuilding to 7z files is because there is no code in the 7z SDK to deal with compressed files without decompressing them. But hear me out.

If clrmamepro could determine that a source 7z file already contains a complete set, and that set is currently missing entirely from the rom path, then that 7z file could just be moved or copied straight to the rom path, avoiding comparatively lengthy compression jobs. If the name of the 7z file or the roms is wrong, that could be fixed with rename operations instead of recompression.

Is there something I'm missing that would make this not possible or not make sense? If not, then I'd like to request it as a feature to be enabled by unchecking the 'Recompress Files' checkbox in the rebuilder when 'Compress Files' is set to '.7z'. I've got some rather large 7z files that meet the above criteria and I'm finding myself cancelling the rebuilder on them and moving and renaming them by hand, and it would just be nice, as always, for clrmamepro to do the work for me.

Cheers!

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 7.0 Safari 7.0
    • View Profile
Re: Disabling 'Recompress Files' when rebuilding to 7z files
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2013, 06:19 »

the rebuilder is file based not set based....it actually runs thriugh all single files and all single files in an archive...it doesent really know or care about completness of sets....so a 1:1 copy is not that easy ...

Starshadow

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 26.0 Firefox 26.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2013, 16:40 »

Fair enough. Thanks for considering it. I'm thinking about a workaround. I can just move all of the source 7z files into the rom path and let clrmamepro rename the ones that are sets and backup the ones that aren't.

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 31.0.1650.63 Chrome 31.0.1650.63
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2013, 18:03 »

well...the look-ahead idea to see if everything in the source archieve will simply be taken over to the destination is not that new....
I got it on my list for a long time but had no time yet to add it...

it's pretty simple for 1-rom-per-set games or no merging...but if you want to add it generally you have to care about some many tiny things...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 20 queries.