EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happens when an undumped game gets dumped?  (Read 7272 times)

Osso

• View Profile
What happens when an undumped game gets dumped?
« on: 09 April 2009, 09:39 »

The front page states:
When a consensus is reached that a game is already dumped or in MAME, please do not delete the page, change category:undumped to category:dumped and remove the listing from the main list :)

This is easy to understand.
But what happens when a game on the undumped list gets dumped and a page for it doesn't exist yet?
Yesterday, while I was deleting some games already in Mame, I always created the page and set it as "category: dumped". Other more prominent users as Haze and Incog simply delete the entry from the undumped list.
What is the official way? Is it worth it to clarify it on the front page?
Thanks

Osso

s_bastian

• View Profile
    • www.progettoemma.net
Re: What happens when an undumped game gets dumped?
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2009, 12:15 »

I believe we must distinguish between games that already have a entry in the list and games that were in the list just because it wasn't updated since years. In the fist case, if evidece exists that the game actually IS the one in mame, there should be no need to create a page, it actually can be consiedered "cleanup". If there are doubts about it (eg, World Rally championship), the page must be created and discussed. If game is promoted, we move it to the dumped catehory. This is, at least, what I would do.
Prima di chiedere cosa pu? fare MAME per te, chiediti cosa puoi fare TU per MAME...
Mame 0.1 full set
Gestore del primo ed unico motore di ricerca MAME COMPLETAMENTE in italiano:

Per ricordare che MAME è un progetto italiano...

incog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2009, 20:13 »

Hi, sorry if the wording was confusing.

When I see something that is known to be dumped I change the category:undumped to dumped and remove it from the list, I've also started removing any other categories listed on the newly dumped games as they clog up the category system. If you click on a category and see 5 games listed you just assume they are all undumped, so removing the dumped games from there too makes it much easier to browse by hardware, year and developer. ;D

Of course this is just my way of doing things, I will listen to any suggestions.

s_bastian

• View Profile
    • www.progettoemma.net
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2009, 20:54 »

I believe it is OK :)  (also because I'm not willing to rollback all the dumped game enties!!! ;) :P
Prima di chiedere cosa pu? fare MAME per te, chiediti cosa puoi fare TU per MAME...
Mame 0.1 full set
Gestore del primo ed unico motore di ricerca MAME COMPLETAMENTE in italiano:

Per ricordare che MAME è un progetto italiano...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 19 queries.

anything