EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag & Drop?  (Read 7369 times)

^VoiD

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • MS Internet Explorer 8.0 MS Internet Explorer 8.0
    • View Profile
Drag & Drop?
« on: 02 February 2010, 00:37 »

Hi Roman, still loving cmpro, been using it for years and plan to use it for many more.

I have 1 snag though, I have recently changed to the w7 OS, installed cmpro and mameui64 etc, all as before.

Everything works fine with 1 small exception... I seem unable to drag & drop files into the 'Scan Result' window to fix/rebuild sets after a scan.

I get the files in .zip format, like I always used to, and I used to drag & drop em in, all rebuilt and fixed, sorted.

But ever since w7, I can drag them to the 'Scan Results' window, my cursor changes to the icon that says I can drop them there, I let go.... and nothing happens?

I've tried a few things, but still the same? Tell me I am missing the obvious?

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I have been unable to find it if so.

Regards

^V

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.6 Firefox 3.6
    • View Profile
Re: Drag & Drop?
« Reply #1 on: 02 February 2010, 08:30 »

Welcome to the beautiful world of Vista and Windows7.

You can't drag'n drop files from a source to a destination where the user access rights differ.

So...either your source folder got different user rights than the cmpro application or viceversa.

You can fiddle around with running the application as administrator but usually it's enough to store cmpro in a not-UAC protected folder.

My setup: Windows 7 64bit ultimate, logged in as an administrator user

cmpro installed in d:\cmpro\cmpro.exe (so I avoid anything like c:\programs...) and the things I want to scan/rebuild are somewhere in h:\mame\roms for example.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.