EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merging a Fullset with a Parent-Clone dat. Scan? Merger? Rebuilder?  (Read 9106 times)

jfromeo

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 3.5.5 Firefox 3.5.5
    • View Profile

Hi roman and fellas.

I have a question about merging a set.

I have an original No-Intro fullset/zipped/torrentzipped of, say, Commodore - Amiga (20090626) with its correspondant dat (Commodore - Amiga (20090626).dat) and P/C xml (Commodore - Amiga Parent-Clone (20090626).dat), both downloaded from the official http://no-intro.org site.

I would like to merge/7z the full set using clrmamepro. Previously I perform a full Scan+Fix of Roms and Sets with the regular dat, resulting 0 missing/0 fixes. Ok, then I load the Parent-Clone dat into the profiler, default, rebuilder-->source (Commodore Amiga full/zip folder) -->destination (Comodore Amiga merged/7z folder), merge options-->merge sets, compress sets-->7z, rebuild.

It takes a little time to perform it, but the rebuilt set isn't merged at all, although it's 7zipped. The rebuilt set has exactly the same number of files than the source one (although it has been built with the parent-clone dat), the space gain is achieved from being 7zipped instead of zipped, but it's not merged.

I just checked it again by using zip as the compressor in the rebuilding proccess and comparing the two folders (original-->fullset, rebuilt-->merged) and they are exactly the same size.

Is it possible to merge sets with clrmamepro? Or do I have to use GoodMerge? Do I have to check another option?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows Vista Windows Vista
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Well...merging is possible (actually with scanner, rebuilder and merger)....but of course the used datfile has to support it. The datfile defines parent/clone relationsships. So first look for you would be the datfile...if it doesn't hold any parent/clone relationship tags ("cloneof"), then you simply can't merge sets.
If the datfile is organized in a way that merging is possible, you can simply change the scanner's merge mode and scan/fix to get the set merged.....by the way, the scanner's merge mode is a good thing to look at...if split or full merged is greyed out, the datfile doesn't have any parent/clone relationships defined.

jfromeo

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7 Windows 7
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

Thanks Roman.

I was using the wrong dat :P

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows XP Windows XP
  • Browser:
    • View Profile

thought so :O)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.