EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple dat handling  (Read 5284 times)

zitz

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 38.0 Firefox 38.0
    • View Profile
Multiple dat handling
« on: 20 June 2016, 01:40 »

In the profiler, a couple of my clrmamepro folders have a second copy of a dat file in different folders. It's for my own personal management reasons

When an updated dat arrives and i drag or add it onto the folder where the first instance of it is, it updates no problem, but on the second instance, clrmamepro cannot determine that it's the second instance and updates the first instance instead, unless i choose not to update. That means i have to manually delete the original second instance and set all the settings again for the new one

Is there a way to make clrmampro know exactly which profile or folder to update ?

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Windows NT 10.0 Windows NT 10.0
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 51.0.2704.103 Chrome 51.0.2704.103
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple dat handling
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2016, 06:13 »

cmpro is not meant to be a multi-instance application. Therefore it is not built to communicate between various instances and do auto refreshs etc...If you turned on multi-instances via cmpro.ini you may run into sideeffects. If one instance changed something in the profile, the other one won't see them...maybe unless you hit the "refresh list" button...
If you want to scan/etc multiple dats in a row, you can use the batcher (load more than 1 datfile in the profiler to get there).

zitz

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2016, 07:06 »

I am not running multiple instances of clrmamepro. When i say instances i am referring to dats added in the profiler window. Using the batcher has nothing to do with what i described

Example:

[PROFILES]
--FOLDER1 / example1.dat
--FOLDER2 / example1.dat

As you can see i have a duplicate copy of example1.dat within 2 profile folders
When updating example1.dat in FOLDER1, FOLDER1 gets updated (the first instance)
When updating example1.dat in FOLDER2, FOLDER1 gets updated (the first instance, not the second instance)

And as i mentioned, not doing an "update" allows the new dat to get added to FOLDER2, which i then have to delete the old dat manually and do all the settings for the new dat

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2016, 07:30 »

I shouldn't read posts that early in the morning ;-)

hmmm....interesting...I will do some checks later at home.
Normally dats are identified by their name element in the datfile header...So if you use copy of identical ones you might have some unique-key constrains ;-)

If I remember correctly, update looks for the dat with the same name element...and if it finds one, it takes it....so it most likely simply skips the second. If it does not find ANY match it shows you a list where you can decide which dat to update.
So question is, what do you expect for multiple instances of the same dat...that it should update all silently? Prompt the user to select one to update? Prompt the user to udpate all?
« Last Edit: 20 June 2016, 07:39 by Roman »

zitz

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2016, 08:05 »

Whatever you think is best. Select one or all, so long as the goal is achieved

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2016, 21:49 »

Ok I've checked it.
When you got 2 identical dat/profiles in let's say folder1 and folder2 and you a new dat (where the name element matches) comes out and you drop it in the profiler root, cmpro sees that this is an update and asks you if you want to update the datfile it find first (let's say folder1).
If you select "NO", another dialog with the following options appears: "update...", "default", "default.cmp" or "Cancel"
Select "update..." cmpro shows you all datfiles..there you can select the one in folder2.

zitz

• Operating System:
  • Linux Linux
  • Browser:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2016, 07:52 »

Ahh  that's something i did not know, obviously

Selecting "no" and then "update" finds and selects the second instance straight away. Yeah it must be dropped into the profile root

Thanks for the info
« Last Edit: 21 June 2016, 07:53 by zitz »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.

anything
anything