EMULAB Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The new forum is online, hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roms missing after update  (Read 5654 times)

decanfrost

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 18.0.1025.168 Chrome 18.0.1025.168
    • View Profile
Roms missing after update
« on: 12 May 2012, 00:03 »

Hello all, farely new to the who Mame / Rom scene, and could use some help.

I started off with the complete set 0.142, used clrmamepro and followed the online guides to update the rom paks.

I have updated from 0.142 - .0143, and then to .0144, and contined to 0.145u8

I did the rebuilds and rescanned and, end results was lots of missing roms. 

So for starters im not sure how many roms I should have in a complete set that is up to date, and secondly why are some roms missing when they are clearly visible in the complete set and update packs..

example :  18wheeler shows in mame that it is not working, and when you run it, it says there is a file missing,  that exact same file was made available to me in one of the update packs (cant recall wich pack, either 0.144 or 0.145) and who it is there and when I rebuild it should it not add that file to the rom and fix it and rebuild it.. ???

what am I not understanding ?

Thanks

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
    • View Profile
Re: Roms missing after update
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 07:23 »

be sure you've enabled all sets and systems and devices (thats the default but you may want to doublecheck it in Systems and Set Information Dialog, both accessible in the scanner). then do a new full scan with all check options enbled and the scan tree output tells you then what you're missing. be sure that you used the same mame binary for playing as used in the profiler to get the data from.

Sets usually need not only their romfiles but also parent rom files in case of a clone and/or bios roms and/or device roms. so for playing 1 set you may need in fact 3 (parent, bios and device sets).
« Last Edit: 12 May 2012, 07:24 by Roman »

decanfrost

• Operating System:
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 18.0.1025.168 Chrome 18.0.1025.168
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 20:55 »

I've done that all and I still cant figure out why its not fixing games,  like the 18wheeler and many many more

Roman

• Global Moderator
  • Operating System:
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2012, 05:10 »

what does the scan tree window output tell you? and what does mame complain about in detail?

As mentioned before, you must be aware that playing a set usually means you need more than that 1 set. In case of "18wheeler", you need the romset, the "naomi" bios set and the device set "mie".
Cmpro will of course complain about missing files in these sets (assuming you got all systems and devices enabled). So check the scan results tree and try to get rid of any entry in there.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2012, 21:58 by Roman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 19 queries.

anything
anything