clrmamepro [English] > clrmame Discussion

mame merged sets not scanning correctly?

(1/6) > >>

Pandor:
Hi,

I'm trying to verify a MAME 0.253 merged romset, But Clrmamepro 4.047 is reporting a whole lot of missing sets and wrong filenames. DAT/xml was created from mame.exe. default Clrmamepro settings. only change made is Merged sets selected in scanner window.

Romvault reports a 100% valid set with the same mame.exe xml output, so i kow for a fact the set is good.

I found this old post, with similar report, here.

Anyone know if there is any (default)setting that could cause this?

Roman:
Actually, you don't need a datfile, use a direct exe import....but if it's a clean -listxml redirected output, fine...

Profiler->Options->Parse ROM 'merge' tags and Parse DISK 'merge' tags should be enabled

And please give a (one) detailed set/rom example about what cmpro complains about....I'm pretty sure cmpro is right :-)

Pandor:
For romvault I extraxted the XML manually. For CMP, it is a direct import from mame.exe.
Merge tag options are 'on' as per default settings for Clrmamepro 4.047 (this is a new freshly unzipped, first usage case).

steps to reproduce:

* extract and run Clrmamepro 4.047
* create profile from mame.exe and load
* add rompath in settings
* set scanner option to prefer merged sets
* click new scan
as per request, screenshot of the scan, and proof the rom actually exist, despite CMP claiming the rom is not there (and/or wrong filename):

Roman:
Looks like you're using full merged sets where all client files are *always* stored in subfolders.
By default, cmpro only does this when a merge collision was detected to prevent overwriting of files (when a clone uses an identically named rom file but with a different hash).
If you want to always use subfolders, go to Settings and turn on Full Merge Mode -> Hash Collision Name

Pandor:

--- Quote from: Roman on 13 April 2023, 09:17 ---Looks like you're using full merged sets where all client files are *always* stored in subfolders.
By default, cmpro only does this when a merge collision was detected to prevent overwriting of files (when a clone uses an identically named rom file but with a different hash).
If you want to always use subfolders, go to Settings and turn on Full Merge Mode -> Hash Collision Name

--- End quote ---
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I believe subfolders are the default for romvault, hence it verifies as 100%.

Prior to trying CMP, I used romvault to go from an older split set, to the latest merged romset, i'm trying to validate with CMP.
My set also verifies with the (torrent)source of the current set.

unfortunately, setting Hash Collision Name in settings and performing a new scan did not fix it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version